Glideport.aero

Old April 11th 21, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default Glideport.aero

On 4/9/2021 2:33 PM, Moshe Braner wrote:

... couldn't figure out my
password. Clicked on "reset password" (in glideport.aero) but
the promised email never came in (and yes I checked the spam folder).
I know I put in the right email address because other addresses
say "no such user", and also I see the email address in my
IGCdroid configuration.

Still no email from Glideport. No password reset link email, and no
validation link email for the new registration I attempted via a
different email address. Is their outgoing email system in-op? Thought
I'd ask, but their "contact us" link says "you have to login first".
Catch 22. I appreciate the free service, but it seems partly defunct at
the moment. Has anybody recently managed to register, or reset their
password, or contact them?
Old April 12th 21, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Palmer[_2_]

On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 3:15:17 PM UTC-6, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 4/9/2021 2:33 PM, Moshe Braner wrote:

... couldn't figure out my
password. Clicked on "reset password" (in glideport.aero) but
the promised email never came in (and yes I checked the spam folder).
I know I put in the right email address because other addresses
say "no such user", and also I see the email address in my
IGCdroid configuration.

Still no email from Glideport. No password reset link email, and no
validation link email for the new registration I attempted via a
different email address. Is their outgoing email system in-op? Thought
I'd ask, but their "contact us" link says "you have to login first".
Catch 22. I appreciate the free service, but it seems partly defunct at
the moment. Has anybody recently managed to register, or reset their
password, or contact them?

My understanding is that the original author passed glideport.aero and associated software to SSA. They have done nothing with it as far as I can tell.. The tracking website is still up and running but there is currently no support for it. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mark Palmer
Greenwood Village, CO
Old April 13th 21, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

I heard from others that it is no longer possible to register to glideport as you don’t get the activation emails. It is otherwise working until it will eventually fail. My understanding is that it was indeed transferred to the SSA.
Wish that instead of investing in the silly new web site the SSA would have invested in the sailplane tracker.

Ramy

Old April 13th 21, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Palmer[_2_]

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 8:47:27 PM UTC-6, Ramy wrote:
[...]

Over the weekend, my iPhone 6 finally died. This morning I restored everything to a new iPhone Xr. Glidetrack didn't download and I got the message it was no longer available in the App Store.

Mark
Old April 13th 21, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Yes, the iPhone app was discontinued few years ago, the android app still available as it is owned by a 3rd party.
But the glideport web site (aka SSA tracker) is thankfully still up and running, but I am worried about the lack of support. I hope someone from the SSA is paying attention and comment about the future of the SSA tracker.

Ramy

Old April 13th 21, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 2:42:53 PM UTC-6, Ramy wrote:
[...]

SSA got access to the project and site last week. Last volunteer claimed he was replaced, but no evidence of that. It'll get some effort near term and more attention later.

Frank

Bad Spot URL in Glideport Z15 Soaring 3 August 21st 20 07:53 PM
Glideport problem [email protected] Soaring 19 June 26th 20 07:12 PM
Uploading Oudie 2 IGC Files to GlidePort.aero William Kautter Soaring 0 May 14th 20 11:10 PM
GlidePort.aero - how to send a link [email protected] Soaring 0 May 19th 18 07:08 PM
Inreach not working with glideport.aero joesimmers[_2_] Soaring 6 September 17th 15 01:29 PM