SSA CONVENTION

Old January 31st 10, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SSA CONVENTION

Many thanks to all the Vendors , Speakers , SSA Staff , Schreveport
Soaring Society folks and other volunteers who made the convention
possible this past week .

It is a unique event in the Gliding World here in the USA and deserves
the support of as many SSA members who can make it each time it is
organized . I for one enjoyed it very much .

Old February 2nd 10, 07:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

Why do you say it is a unique event in the glider world? What makes it
unique? I am not arguing your point but just wondering what makes it
special? Someday when I am back in the states I want to go to the
convention if just to meet some of the "unique" folks from RAS!
Bob

Old February 2nd 10, 09:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don[_6_]

'Unique' is an often over-used/incorrectly-used adjective....but in
this case, it's spot-on!
I know of no other event in the US where you can slide into a JS1 and
then an Arcus and then a ? and have the factor reps answer all your
questions. Then after that you can track down the best pilots in the
US either on the convention floor or in the bar afterwards and get
some inside-perspective about the new ships or racing or whatever. It
may not be a unique opportunity to buy the products at the booths, but
you can talk face-to-face with the vendors and get demos and compare.
And while the material presented in every session may or may not be
100% brand new, where else can you have an open-forum discussion with
pilots who have had first hand experience with it? Pretty cool. Pretty
unique.
The snow and ice that dropped on Little Rock on Friday was some un-
appreciated unique-ness, but this is a crowd that knows how to handle
weather moving in on their best-made plans. :-))
-XS-

Old February 2nd 10, 11:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

Ok! Maybe I'll make it to the next one! Thanks for the perspective.
Bob

SSA Convention Greg Arnold Soaring 29 February 2nd 10 12:25 PM
Antares at the convention bumper Soaring 4 February 18th 07 12:22 AM
SSA Convention- Worth going? John Dezzutti Soaring 3 December 20th 06 06:42 AM
SSA Convention- Worth going? Matt Herron Jr. Soaring 3 December 16th 06 12:33 AM
Training Day before SSA Convention Paul Remde Soaring 6 November 9th 05 11:00 PM