Bell Factory tour

Old July 20th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,aus.aviation
jOsHuA

Default Bell Factory tour

Hi All,

Some friends of mine are going over to Fort Worth (from Sydney) in a couple
of months to do some ground tuition courses at the Bell Helicopter Pilot
Training facility there. I've been asked to come along with them (just for
the fun of it), but I don't want to do the $US1500 (and 5 days) B206
course - I'd rather use that for spending money elsewhere.

Does anyone know if there is a tour (for non-students / prospective buyers)
of the Fort Worth Bell facility? More importantly, are there tours of the
helicopter assembly factory in Montreal?

We have about 12 days in the US. 5 days are taken up by the B206 theory
course. I'll be doing my own thing for 5 days, but don't want to spend 5
days in Dallas. On the 6th day we are meeting up at Las Vegas. So I was
thinking I could make my way from FW to NY. Then to Montreal to visit the
Bell Assembly Factory. Visit Orange County Choppers (yes I know they're
bikes), Niagara falls etc, then head to Las Vegas from NY.

Can anyone share any experiences at the FW Bell Headquarters, or the
assembly plant?

Thanks,

jOsHuA.

Old July 20th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,aus.aviation
Trevor Fenn

"jOsHuA" wrote in
news
[...]

What dates do you have to fill, I can think of a couple of events around
late september or early october if the timing is right.

Reno Air Races 13-17 September

Commemoritive Air Force (Formerly Confederate Air Force) Oct 7 and 8

More info available if required.

How far are you prepared to travel from Texas?
Old July 21st 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,aus.aviation
B4RT

Bell training is now conducted at Alliance Fort Worth airport. They moved
the training from the Hurst location early last year. There is no production
at the new location, just a lot of maintenance and flight training
helicopters.
Alliance airport is in the middle of nowhere, its about a 40 minute car ride
to Dallas.

Im sure theyll give you a tour (no pictures allowed), but you wont see
anything
being built. The production locations in the Dallas area are spread all over
and you will prob not be allowed in any of them because they're all for
military
hardware.

Bart