Opinions on ASW-17

Old October 14th 04, 02:04 PM
Bert Willing

Bill,
do you have a link for the ASW20 tail tank modification?

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

"W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.)." a écrit dans le message
de news: ...
I do not have the drawings etc. with me, they are with the repairer who did
the modification. The drawings etc. are the same as the ones for the
ASW19. I got them from the BGA who have of course approved the
modification.

Remember that the ASW19 modification was not in origin by Schleicher; it
was
private and then Schleicher adopted it and included it in new production.

Perhaps there are advantages in flying in the U.K. rather than in France!

When I had a tail wheel fitted to the ASW17 to replace the tailskid, the
repairer used a deep moulding for the wheel with a fixed ballast point
inside at the top. Ballast can be fitted or removed just by taking out
the
wheel to get access to the ballast point bolt. This modification can be
fitted to the ASW19 and 20.

There is also a U.K. approved modification to the ASW20 to fit a tail
ballast tank, it is also approved to double the brake paddles on the
ASW20.

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.).
Remove "ic" to reply.

"Jean" wrote in message

Well, according to Schleicher GmbH "for the ASW 17 there is no approved
technical note/drawing or modification kit for double airbrake paddles
available".

Jean

"W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.)." a écrit dans le
message de ...

It is possible to modify the brakes by fitting a second paddle to each
of the four brakes (top and bottom).

This is the same mod. as that to the ASW19.

I know of several examples which have had this modification, and I have
flown one of them. I have heard the modified braking described as
similar to the K21, I agree.

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.).
Remove "ic" to reply.