Reporting an Aviation Accident

Old November 27th 04, 06:16 AM
zatatime

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:45:56 -0500, "John Harlow"
wrote:

Call everybody, let them work it out, and stop trolling.

Thanks for the informed response. Trolls usually post from anonymous
addresses though, idiot.

If a "seriously damaged" plane can land anywhere the LAST thing the persons
on board are going to worry about is some silly regulation or which country
it's in.

Amd you call HIM an idiot!

Thank you.

Old November 27th 04, 06:30 AM
Happy Dog

"John Harlow" wrote in message
Call everybody, let them work it out, and stop trolling.

Thanks for the informed response. Trolls usually post from anonymous
addresses though, idiot.

If a "seriously damaged" plane can land anywhere the LAST thing the
persons on board are going to worry about is some silly regulation or
which country it's in.

Until they're on the ground. After that you don't know, do you?

Amd you call HIM an idiot!

Correct.

moo

Old November 27th 04, 06:36 AM
Happy Dog

"zatatime" wrote in message

If a "seriously damaged" plane can land anywhere the LAST thing the
persons
on board are going to worry about is some silly regulation or which
country
it's in.

Amd you call HIM an idiot!

Thank you.

For the support? I can see how you might need it. You don't really
understand the issues raised here. But your contribution is priceless
anyway.

Old November 27th 04, 11:19 PM
Newps

Happy Dog wrote:
"Newps"

tony roberts wrote:

Once the planes have landed, can they be moved from the place they
stopped without permission from the investigating authority?

Not unless they pose an immediate threat

Common misconception. It's my property and if I feel I need to move it
then I will move it. Also nowhere in any regs does it say an aircraft
cannot be moved or must be released by some authority.

Of course you will. In what country? This question is a routine exam item.
I assume that you're in the US (but Canadian regs are the same). You cannot
legally move an airplane involved in an accident (with few exceptions) until
authorized by the appropriate authority. Do some research:

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/w...cfr830_03.html

Exactly what I said. If I feel I need to move it I can move it.
Old November 28th 04, 12:23 AM
Happy Dog

"Newps"

Common misconception. It's my property and if I feel I need to move it
then I will move it. Also nowhere in any regs does it say an aircraft
cannot be moved or must be released by some authority.

Of course you will. In what country? This question is a routine exam
item. I assume that you're in the US (but Canadian regs are the same).
You cannot legally move an airplane involved in an accident (with few
exceptions) until authorized by the appropriate authority. Do some
research:

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/w...cfr830_03.html

Exactly what I said. If I feel I need to move it I can move it.

Imbecile or troll. Pick one or both. Your statement is wholly incorrect.
Interesting nonsense is interesting. Yours isn't.

TITLE 49--TRANSPORTATION

SAFETY BOARD

Subpart C--Preservation of Aircraft Wreckage, Mail, Cargo, and Records

Sec. 830.10 Preservation of aircraft wreckage, mail, cargo, and records.

(a) The operator of an aircraft involved in an accident or incident
for which notification must be given is responsible for preserving to
the extent possible any aircraft wreckage, cargo, and mail aboard the
aircraft, and all records, including all recording mediums of flight,
maintenance, and voice recorders, pertaining to the operation and
maintenance of the aircraft and to the airmen until the Board takes
custody thereof or a release is granted pursuant to Sec. 831.12(b) of
this chapter.
(b) Prior to the time the Board or its authorized representative
takes custody of aircraft wreckage, mail, or cargo, such wreckage, mail,
or cargo may not be disturbed or moved except to the extent necessary:
(1) To remove persons injured or trapped;
(2) To protect the wreckage from further damage; or
(3) To protect the public from injury.
(c) Where it is necessary to move aircraft wreckage, mail or cargo,
sketches, descriptive notes, and photographs shall be made, if possible,
of the original positions and condition of the wreckage and any
significant impact marks.
(d) The operator of an aircraft involved in an accident or incident
shall retain all records, reports, internal documents, and memoranda
dealing with the accident or incident, until authorized by the Board to
the contrary.

moo

Old November 28th 04, 03:13 AM
Newps

Happy Dog wrote:

Exactly what I said. If I feel I need to move it I can move it.

Imbecile or troll. Pick one or both. Your statement is wholly incorrect.
Interesting nonsense is interesting. Yours isn't.

Drivel snipped.

You can keep saying the same thing if you want but it doesn't change the
fact that if I feel the need to move the wreckage to protect it or
myself I will do so.

Old November 28th 04, 03:31 AM
Happy Dog

"Newps" wrote in message
Happy Dog wrote:

Exactly what I said. If I feel I need to move it I can move it.

Imbecile or troll. Pick one or both. Your statement is wholly
incorrect. Interesting nonsense is interesting. Yours isn't.

Drivel snipped.
You can keep saying the same thing if you want but it doesn't change the
fact that if I feel the need to move the wreckage to protect it or myself
I will do so.

Bloviating idiot. You said "nowhere in any regs does it say an aircraft
cannot be moved or must be released by some authority". That's incorrect.
The "drivel" you snipped is from current NTSB Regulations.

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/w...cfr830_03.html

If you're a pilot, you have a knowledge and an attitude problem. Few
seasoned pilots remember every question on their first few exams. But when
an answer to one is posted for you, and you ignore and contradict it, that's
skirting imbecile territory. And, still, not an on-topic word about my
original post. So, who's the troll?

le moo