ASH-25 manual

Old November 21st 16, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASH-25 manual

Hi,

Does anyone perhaps have an electronic version of an ASH-25 flight manual, or know where I might find one?

I'm renting one for a week in December (South African summer). Flying it will be a new experience for me, and I'd like to be as prepared as possible.

I found one electronic version by googling, but it looks like whoever scanned it tried to mash together two different paper manuals into a single electronic copy, and got it wrong - some pages are missing, and others are out of order.

Regards,
Johan
Old November 21st 16, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 3:28:33 PM UTC+3, Johan Pretorius wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone perhaps have an electronic version of an ASH-25 flight manual, or know where I might find one?

I'm renting one for a week in December (South African summer). Flying it will be a new experience for me, and I'd like to be as prepared as possible.

I found one electronic version by googling, but it looks like whoever scanned it tried to mash together two different paper manuals into a single electronic copy, and got it wrong - some pages are missing, and others are out of order.

Don't let wing drops develop when thermalling at high altitude. Or any time! But it seems to be especially deadly for 25+m wingspan gliders in Africa, both ASH25 and Nimbus. A lot of inertia, thin air, marginal controls, Vne goes by very quickly.

Old November 21st 16, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If you read German: http://www.rent-a-glider.com/user/Fi...5Mi%20ohne.pdf
Old November 21st 16, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Johan Pretorius

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 4:18:04 PM UTC+2, wrote:
If you read German: http://www.rent-a-glider.com/user/Fi...5Mi%20ohne.pdf

Sadly I don't. But I just noticed that Google Translate will accept a PDF file. Let's see what it spits out...

Hmm. Aside from calling it an "Airport Book" (as opposed to a "flight manual"). And calling it "the motor sailor" instead of "motorized glider"....

Actually it gets quite mangled in places, unfortunately quite unusable.
Old November 22nd 16, 08:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glidingstuff[_2_]

Hi Johan

Send me a PM at p_buchanan(at)rocketmail.com.

I believe I can supply something.

Paul

Manual bish Soaring 25 August 7th 12 01:22 AM
LS1-D manual radu.naidinescu Soaring 2 October 20th 11 05:43 PM
FA: B-737 OPERATIONS MANUAL - Ops Manual for a B-737 Jet Peter Aviation Marketplace 0 December 28th 04 02:08 AM
PA-46 Manual Gerard Ververs Piloting 0 November 22nd 04 09:19 PM
LX1000 Manual & Speed Astir Manual Avron Tal Soaring 1 June 20th 04 07:15 AM