Its been bugging me.. which radar

Old January 12th 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
John Szalay

Default Its been bugging me.. which radar

Mystery solved, at least part of it..
Don't know how many of you have seen this system, I noticed the unit
sitting on top of the landfill mounds under the flightpath to SDF in
Lousville KY Alongside I-65, just north of the Outer Loop.. I know it's a
radar unit, But it has two scanners/antennas one vertical and one
horizontal
Been trying to figured what it was, now I know.
And now which model, is the question..
It's a AIRCRAFT BIRDSTRIKE AVOIDANCE RADAR or
Avian Radar System

GMI MARS® bird detection system

http://www.avianradar.com/airport_projects.htm

DeTect's MERLIN system

http://www.detect-inc.com/merlin.html

Old January 22nd 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Brian Whatcott

John Szalay wrote:
Mystery solved, at least part of it..
Don't know how many of you have seen this system, I noticed the unit
sitting on top of the landfill mounds under the flightpath to SDF in
Lousville KY Alongside I-65, just north of the Outer Loop.. I know it's a
radar unit, But it has two scanners/antennas one vertical and one
horizontal
Been trying to figured what it was, now I know.
And now which model, is the question..
It's a AIRCRAFT BIRDSTRIKE AVOIDANCE RADAR or
Avian Radar System

GMI MARS® bird detection system

http://www.avianradar.com/airport_projects.htm

DeTect's MERLIN system

http://www.detect-inc.com/merlin.html

Pity that NY didn't have a Goose Detection System , in the light of
hindsight, don't you think?

Brian W
Old January 22nd 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
John Szalay

Brian Whatcott wrote in
It's a AIRCRAFT BIRDSTRIKE AVOIDANCE RADAR or
Avian Radar System

GMI MARS® bird detection system

http://www.avianradar.com/airport_projects.htm

DeTect's MERLIN system

http://www.detect-inc.com/merlin.html

Pity that NY didn't have a Goose Detection System , in the light of
hindsight, don't you think?

Brian W

Yep, I posted that BEFORE the incident, I wonder how many airports
are using either system..

Sure is a weird looking installation. makes sense when you think about
it..