Is the YouTube video legit.

Old June 10th 08, 12:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
G Paleologopoulos

Default Is the YouTube video legit.

"Greg Hall" wrote ...

But you never answered my question is it real or is it fake? If it's

fake then how did they fake it so good? I checked Snopes to see if it
was an urban legend but they don't say anything about it.

--
Gregory Hall

So you think that all Hollywood movies with effects are for real, beeing so
well done???

Old June 10th 08, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"aluckyguess" wrote in message

"Frank Olson" wrote in
message news:yGn3k.19347$gc5.9639@pd7urf2no...
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Jun 9, 7:15 pm, wrote:

If you want to vote for change, vote Ron Paul.

Who is Ron Paul?

Forget him. I'd vote for Bertie. We need a Bunyip President. :-)

I would vote for him before change boy. Really I would. I figure if he's a
pilot he's is better than Obama.

Good point, and I'd say the same about a lot of people's skills...

Peter

Old June 10th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Jun 9, 7:15 pm, wrote:

If you want to vote for change, vote Ron Paul.

Who is Ron Paul?

Forget him. I'd vote for Bertie. We need a Bunyip President. :-)

I would vote for him before change boy. Really I would. I figure if
he's a pilot he's is better than Obama.

Thanks but I'm voting for Pat Paulson.

Bertie
Old June 10th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
D Ramapriya

On Jun 10, 3:12 am, Greg Hall wrote:
This guy is kitesailing and a 737 comes by

An A300.

Ramapriya
Old June 10th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jun 9, 10:10*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:

That wasn't actually a question but a statement.

Along the lines of "Who is John Galt?"

Yep, I live in California so my vote doesn't count anyway. No reason
not to write in a name. California is geographically one of the most
conservative states in the US (lots of red, a little blue). However,
we have these two little areas called LA and SF that send all our
votes to the dems regardless of who is running.

-Robert

Old June 10th 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Greg Hall

"aluckyguess" wrote in :

"Greg Hall" wrote in message
"Peter Dohm" wrote in
news:0Hj3k.1828$3F5.451 @bignews2.bellsouth.net:
I'm voting for change. I'm voting for Obama. He's for change and
change is better than no change. What this country needs is change.

What kind of change?

Lots of change, big change and change from what we have now.

From war mongering to peace and negotiation.

From pay your own health care to free government health care.

From rich people having all those tax loopholes to making them pay their
fair share.

From big corporations raping people to people raping big corporations.

From blacks being held back to blacks being put forward.

From environment raping to taking care of the Earth.

From man turning the world into a hothouse to man reversing the trend.

From crumbling infrastructure to massive public works and trains instead
of cars.

From freedom of religion to freedom FROM religion.

And the list goes on. There are so many things to change.

But you never answered my question is it real or is it fake? If it's
fake then how did they fake it so good? I checked Snopes to see if it
was an urban legend but they don't say anything about it.

Its a fake

OK, it probably is because I never heard anything about it on the news.
It seems like that would be on the news.

--
Gregory Hall
Old June 10th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Greg Hall

"G Paleologopoulos" wrote in

"Greg Hall" wrote

But you never answered my question is it real or is it fake? If
it's

fake then how did they fake it so good? I checked Snopes to see if it
was an urban legend but they don't say anything about it.

--
Gregory Hall

So you think that all Hollywood movies with effects are for real,
beeing so well done???

That's different! This is a crummy little cell phone video most likely.
People can't easily fake a cell phone video.

--
Gregory Hall
Old June 10th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Greg Hall

"BT" wrote in
:

ok.. it's my turn..
"you're an idiot"

There are some most excellent video editing and splicing utilities out
there along with digital manipulation to create animated life like
cartoons.

Duh, It ain't no cartoon. Ain't no way anybody can take some little cell
phone video and make the kite get stuck on the wing like that and look
absolutely real. You gotta have something to edit and splice in. Where
does anybody get a kiteboard snagged onto a jet airplane wing to splice
in?

--
Gregory Hall
Old June 10th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Greg Hall

"Mike Isaksen" wrote in

"Greg Hall" wrote ...
This guy is kitesailing and a 737 comes by and his kite snags
on the empennage. Off he goes into the wild blue yonder.
Is this video a hoax?

This happens all the time. So much so that the govt is forcing the
airlines to include it in their fare structure to capture the correct
transportation taxes!

Yah right! Is there also a stowaway fee?

--
Gregory Hall
Old June 10th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Greg Hall

wrote in
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNQkIjxdSwg

--
Gregory Hall

No, its very very real, and they had to pay the "dude" on the
kiteboard $20 million for the stunt (and to cover his medical bills).

If you want to vote for change, vote Ron Paul.

Who?

Oh, is he the guy who dresses up like a girl?

--
Gregory Hall