Advice on prop aircraft

Old January 31st 11, 02:16 PM
marques.jpf marques.jpf is offline
Junior Member

Default Advice on prop aircraft

Hi all,

I'm new here, but i'll go straight to the point that made me register

In the near future, i'm going to become part of a business that requires me to travel a lot in some countries in Africa, specially Mozambique.
Due to the nature of many of those places and huge distances to travel, and since my work is mostly field investigation, travelling by car is very uncomfortable and time consuming.

So, with that in mind, i'm going to buy a plane and take a pilot's license!

Thing is, although i'll have experienced people that can advice me and a team that travels with me, i must plan in advance and buy a plane soon, even without knowing anything about flying (well, apart from some flight sim on my PC).

Hoping that there is people in this forum that has a good knowledge about aircraft, i'm here to listen to opinions on what to buy.

The aircraft i need must meet the following requirements:

- 5 seats (ish) and some cargo space for luggage
- must be able to take off / land in small strips, possibly with rough terrain
- pilot friendly (i'll be a flying noob, not a top gun...)
- reliable (i won't have a spare parts shop nearby most of the time)

Other than that, all suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Joćo
Old February 9th 11, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

--
marques.jpf

Best option would probably be a Cherokee Six or a Cessna 206.
Each will haul a decent load and would be an acceptable airplane
to learn to fly in.

Your biggest problem will be getting the required skills. You
will probably be wise to hire a pilot/instructor to get you started.
That way you can use the aircraft while you meet the requirements
for your certificate.

Don't underestimate the size of this task. You will need strong
commitment to get it done.

Bill Hale BPPP instructor bppp.org
Old April 23rd 11, 06:40 AM
Cosyasserbaxy Cosyasserbaxy is offline
Banned

Location: Ukraine

Grimace wrote:Im in the process of writing up a sort of "GM Advice" booklet based on my own experiences at a GM over the course of 25 years.

Right prop, wrong prop? Wood prop, metal prop? Gus Rasch Aerobatics 1 February 14th 08 11:18 PM
Need Aircraft construction advice 00:00:00Hg Home Built 13 March 10th 06 07:53 AM
FS: Wood prop for experimental aircraft Glasair Aviation Marketplace 0 September 29th 05 06:06 PM
Aircraft info/advice Barry Home Built 7 August 20th 05 07:18 PM
Aircraft Buying Advice From The Experts Video On Ebay Cecil E. Chapman Products 0 November 6th 03 07:32 PM