Treasure Coast Soaring Operations

Old January 9th 20, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]

Default Treasure Coast Soaring Operations

I'm going to be in Vero Beach next week, and if I can, I'd like to visit GTreasure Coast Soaring to see it. But I can't find the operations, - days or just weekends, on the club's website.

Can anyone advise?
Old January 9th 20, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 7:37:54 AM UTC-5, Charlie Papa wrote:
I'm going to be in Vero Beach next week, and if I can, I'd like to visit GTreasure Coast Soaring to see it. But I can't find the operations, - days or just weekends, on the club's website.

Can anyone advise?

I searched ras and found this thread - second last post has the info, I think - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.aviation.soaring/treasure$20coast$20soaring|sort:date/rec.aviation.soaring/L36Zeqs1GJA/GkKW7RIxBAAJ
Cheers
Dan
balmy -21C in Ottawa
Old January 9th 20, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 7:37:54 AM UTC-5, Charlie Papa wrote:
I'm going to be in Vero Beach next week, and if I can, I'd like to visit GTreasure Coast Soaring to see it. But I can't find the operations, - days or just weekends, on the club's website.

Can anyone advise?

Anyone can contact myself at 772-453-9999
We are located in Vero Beach, west of town off Hwy 60. Bob
We are also working on a new location just a few miles west of our present location. We have a new strip in the works, hopefully it can be completed within 18 months.
Old January 11th 20, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]

On Thursday, 9 January 2020 12:09:47 UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 7:37:54 AM UTC-5, Charlie Papa wrote:
I'm going to be in Vero Beach next week, and if I can, I'd like to visit GTreasure Coast Soaring to see it. But I can't find the operations, - days or just weekends, on the club's website.

Can anyone advise?

Anyone can contact myself at 772-453-9999
We are located in Vero Beach, west of town off Hwy 60. Bob
We are also working on a new location just a few miles west of our present location. We have a new strip in the works, hopefully it can be completed within 18 months.

Thanks, all. We just were notified that Vero Beach is 'refreshing' the sand beach, and there is, therefore, no access. So we have cancelled our booking there.

Another time...
Old January 11th 20, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Friday, January 10, 2020 at 7:54:04 PM UTC-5, Charlie Papa wrote:
On Thursday, 9 January 2020 12:09:47 UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 7:37:54 AM UTC-5, Charlie Papa wrote:
I'm going to be in Vero Beach next week, and if I can, I'd like to visit GTreasure Coast Soaring to see it. But I can't find the operations, - days or just weekends, on the club's website.

Can anyone advise?

Anyone can contact myself at 772-453-9999
We are located in Vero Beach, west of town off Hwy 60. Bob
We are also working on a new location just a few miles west of our present location. We have a new strip in the works, hopefully it can be completed within 18 months.

Thanks, all. We just were notified that Vero Beach is 'refreshing' the sand beach, and there is, therefore, no access. So we have cancelled our booking there.

Another time...

CP, there is plenty of great beach here, the refreshing situation does not close the beaches and you will be very happy with what Vero has to offer. You are within minutes of fine dining , entertainment, the beaches and great nightlife. You can even wear the MAGA hat without further assaults. Bob
Old January 11th 20, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]

On Friday, 10 January 2020 20:44:55 UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
[...]

CP, there is plenty of great beaches here, the refreshing situation does not close the beaches and you will be very happy with what Vero has to offer. You are within minutes of fine dining , entertainment, the beaches and great nightlife. You can even wear the MAGA hat without further assaults. Bob

Thanks, Bob. We are familiar with Vero, and it has been a more or less annual destination for us, but our favourite hotel has closed their access to the beach, and their poolside restaurant is under renovation. So, we're trying Amelia Island this year.

And, as a Canadian, I try not to express any political opinions by my choice of head cover or otherwise. We don't carry guns :-)
Old January 12th 20, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 7:37:54 AM UTC-5, Charlie Papa wrote:
I'm going to be in Vero Beach next week, and if I can, I'd like to visit GTreasure Coast Soaring to see it. But I can't find the operations, - days or just weekends, on the club's website.

Can anyone advise?

CP, I appreciate your opinion and hopefully you will come back to Vero for some wonderful soaring. Please feel free to reach out to me if you need to find any information or accommodations here on the Treasure Coast. Most of us pack here, so you are very safe! Bob