A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Florida WX

Old February 7th 20, 09:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

Default Florida WX

December is by record our dry month with an average rainfall of 2 inches followed by January and February as our dry season. Far from the average rainfall it has been an extremely unusual wet winter. In December alone we had 5 inches of rain in a 24 hour period. The ground is soaked and the soaring has been dismal for the past three months.
Yesterday I spoke with a weather expert from NOAA and was given the grim news that things are not looking good for an immediate change. Caribbean and Gulf weather continues to influence Florida, not good for soaring, bringing much unwanted moisture with it.
Hopefully things will change and start to dry out fast or the spring season will not be as desirable compared to past years. Only good thing about this weather is that I do not have to water my mango grove. Bob
Old February 7th 20, 12:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
M North
external usenet poster

Default Florida WX

It's difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.
Old February 7th 20, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell
external usenet poster

Default Florida WX

Up north it rains cats and dogs, but down there it rains iguanas.

On 2/7/20 2:00 AM, Bob Youngblood wrote:
December is by record our dry month with an average rainfall of 2 inches followed by January and February as our dry season. Far from the average rainfall it has been an extremely unusual wet winter. In December alone we had 5 inches of rain in a 24 hour period. The ground is soaked and the soaring has been dismal for the past three months.
Yesterday I spoke with a weather expert from NOAA and was given the grim news that things are not looking good for an immediate change. Caribbean and Gulf weather continues to influence Florida, not good for soaring, bringing much unwanted moisture with it.
Hopefully things will change and start to dry out fast or the spring season will not be as desirable compared to past years. Only good thing about this weather is that I do not have to water my mango grove. Bob