Source for Wedekind sleeves - AS-W20a

Old April 5th 04, 03:26 AM
Mark Grubb

Default Source for Wedekind sleeves - AS-W20a

Anyone?

Thanks, Mark
Old April 5th 04, 04:13 AM
Jim Vincent

http://www.mandhsoaring.com/
call them directly

Jim Vincent
CFIG
N483SZ
illspam
Old April 5th 04, 05:32 AM
John H. Campbell

As you're on the left coast, I believe, Williams Soaring. They got us all 7
we needed plus advice for an ASW-20A a few months ago.

Old April 5th 04, 03:45 PM
Tim Mara

try Williams soaring
they offer them
tim
"Mark Grubb" wrote in message
om...
Anyone?

Thanks, Mark

Old April 6th 04, 05:06 PM
Tim Mara

unless you're 50 + years old.....and the eyesight isn't what it used to
be....looking through a bright white hole in the mid day sun into the
darkest regions of the depths of hell and trying at the same time trying to
get fat fingers to feel tiny pins going into what now feels like even tinier
holes with a pair of bifocals on is a whole lot tougher than reaching in and
grabbing a fat collar and sliding it on until you feel the click in
place.....
God Bless Hanle and others who saw the light and invented automatic
hook-ups....
tim
"Andy Durbin" wrote in message
om...
(Mark Grubb) wrote in message

. com...
Anyone?

Thanks, Mark

You can make several ship sets of safety pins from a few cents worth
of piano (music) wire. I used to make more than I needed and give
them to pilots that had not yet been converted to securing their
fittings.

As far as I can see the pins are just as effective as the sleeves (ASW
19b) and require no modification to the glider.

My pins hung in a prominent place in the cockpit when not in use.

Andy

Old April 6th 04, 08:19 PM
Bob Korves

Go to your local airplane parts supply store (in the U.S. anyway) and buy
p/n AN416-2 cowl safety pin. This pin is designed to fit the hole
perfectly. They are about $.25 each. Get a lifetime supply for $5.00.
Jeez, I thought I was cheap...
-Bob Korves