Is it a scam!

Old February 20th 20, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Geoff Minors

Default Is it a scam!

Good day gentlemen
We have a SGU 2-22 for sale on Wings and Wheels. I had a call before the new year about it from Indonesia named Paul and they gave me there credentials and all looks legit even to the stage where I got calls from a shipping company! I have not heard anything back but now I have another inquiry from Indonesia this time from a guy called Timo! I told him I had another inquiry from Indonesia and Timo replied back said he knows Paul!
Has anybody else had a experience like this from Indonesia?

Old February 20th 20, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Two words - WIRE TRANSFER

And I'd want a bunch of assurances from my bank that the funds are
legitimate.

--
Dan, 5J
Old February 20th 20, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Agreed, or if an AOPA member, use their escrow service....or any other legit escrow service.....
Old February 20th 20, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MMOORE

On Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 12:25:03 PM UTC-5, Geoff Minors wrote:
Good day gentlemen
We have a SGU 2-22 for sale on Wings and Wheels. I had a call before the new year about it from Indonesia named Paul and they gave me there credentials and all looks legit even to the stage where I got calls from a shipping company! I have not heard anything back but now I have another inquiry from Indonesia this time from a guy called Timo! I told him I had another inquiry from Indonesia and Timo replied back said he knows Paul!
Has anybody else had a experience like this from Indonesia?

This person is going to send me a check then arrange pickup.

From: kendrick baston

Phone:415-630-7771

Old February 20th 20, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Geoff Minors

On Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 10:25:03 AM UTC-7, Geoff Minors wrote:
Good day gentlemen
We have a SGU 2-22 for sale on Wings and Wheels. I had a call before the new year about it from Indonesia named Paul and they gave me there credentials and all looks legit even to the stage where I got calls from a shipping company! I have not heard anything back but now I have another inquiry from Indonesia this time from a guy called Timo! I told him I had another inquiry from Indonesia and Timo replied back said he knows Paul!
Has anybody else had a experience like this from Indonesia?

I have already insisted on wire transfer only
Old February 20th 20, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 12:25:03 PM UTC-5, Geoff Minors wrote:
Good day gentlemen
We have a SGU 2-22 for sale on Wings and Wheels. I had a call before the new year about it from Indonesia named Paul and they gave me there credentials and all looks legit even to the stage where I got calls from a shipping company! I have not heard anything back but now I have another inquiry from Indonesia this time from a guy called Timo! I told him I had another inquiry from Indonesia and Timo replied back said he knows Paul!
Has anybody else had a experience like this from Indonesia?

Run AWAY as fast as you can! I had this same SCAMMER try to SCAM me in exactly the same manner. DO NOT follow through with this transaction. See:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...I/2oAJ8vYkAgAJ
Old February 20th 20, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Classic scam. The check will be fir more than the agreed to price and they will want you to send them the difference.

http://www.glidersource.com/scams.shtml

Paul A.
Old February 21st 20, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

I hope you come up with a cleaver way to F*ck with him. Please keep us informed.

Boggs
Old February 21st 20, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Somewhere out there, it may have been on this website, a guy documented and wrote up how he led on and dragged through the dirt one of these scammers, it was hilarious!
Does anyone have the link to that story?
It was really funny.
Old February 21st 20, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

On Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 9:25:03 AM UTC-8, Geoff Minors wrote:
Good day gentlemen
We have a SGU 2-22 for sale on Wings and Wheels. I had a call before the new year about it from Indonesia named Paul and they gave me there credentials and all looks legit even to the stage where I got calls from a shipping company! I have not heard anything back but now I have another inquiry from Indonesia this time from a guy called Timo! I told him I had another inquiry from Indonesia and Timo replied back said he knows Paul!
Has anybody else had a experience like this from Indonesia?

Definitely sounds like a scam to me. Either run away asap or mess with the person

Scam [email protected] Soaring 0 April 28th 09 09:33 PM
FAA EEO SCAM FAA EEO General Aviation 0 October 6th 07 04:43 PM
SCAM [email protected] Soaring 0 August 26th 05 12:26 AM
web scam ? Chip Fitzpatrick Soaring 0 August 10th 04 11:54 AM
Scam Y/N ? Stuart King Instrument Flight Rules 6 November 13th 03 11:52 PM