Wave!

Old April 23rd 09, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Default Wave!

I went to 25,000ft today in my 2-32 for a new Oregon State multi-
place record.
Old April 23rd 09, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 22, 11:56*pm, GARY BOGGS wrote:
I went to 25,000ft today in my 2-32 for a new *Oregon State multi-
place record.

Awesome Gary. Good work!
Old April 23rd 09, 07:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Find any gopher snakes up there, Gary?

Good job!
Old April 23rd 09, 08:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Geoff Vincent

Great flight Gary - what height gain was achieved?

Geoff Vincent
Melbourne, Australia

Old April 23rd 09, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 23, 12:56*am, GARY BOGGS wrote:
I went to 25,000ft today in my 2-32 for a new *Oregon State multi-
place record.

FWIW, there are no more "sanctioned" Class-specific *altitude*
records.
Just Category = General, Feminine, and Junior.

I assume with a name like "Gary" that it's most likely not a new
Feminine record, eh?

Old April 23rd 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

You better tell the people at the SSA so they can correct their records.
* * For example, they need to take away from Fossett the national
multi-place altitude record he set in 2006.

The SSA website shows this Oregon state record (multi-place altitude)
already is held by Gary, so he is beating himself.

Hey, Greg, I'm just the messenger.

Check out the FAI rules for verification and/or ask the Badge Lady.
Feel free to tell her about your concern, but be advised this change
has been previously published in the Badge and Records section of
Soaring magazine.

Regarding what the SSA site says, as well as what independently
published state record sites say, it's all volunteer maintained. The
validity of state records is directly dependent upon the individual
State Record Keeper's knowledge and application of the current
rules.

Regarding Fosset's "national" record, the FAI still santioned Class-
specific altitude records back in 2006.
If that record remains ultimate perhaps it should be reclassified as a
"General" category record.

(As a personal note, however, I don't abide to the concept of U.S.
"national" records being set outside U.S. territory. That's no
different than setting a Vermont state record flying over Nevada).

If Gary beat himself, as you say, then technically (and specifically
correct) what he set is a new Oregon State altitude record, General
Category. For that I, too, congratulate him.

Ray
Old April 24th 09, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

The height gain was 23,681

Another way to enjoy wave kd6veb Soaring 3 January 2nd 09 10:48 PM
Wave tow, anybody? Ralph Jones[_2_] Soaring 3 September 26th 07 12:15 PM
Wave Scott Calvert Soaring 0 December 12th 06 07:40 PM
Wave Janos Bauer Soaring 15 February 25th 05 06:47 AM
Help, Need Wave forecast Kevin R. Anderson Soaring 2 March 1st 04 06:26 PM