SSA HANDICAP LIST

Old September 4th 04, 06:45 PM

Default SSA HANDICAP LIST

I went to the SSA site just now to get the current list of handicaps for our
up-coming Fall Round Up next weekend.
All of the various forms of handicaps have the 2003 date on them. Am I
confused or have I missed a year somewhere?
I thought for certain we were well into 2004.
Can someone please shed some light on this situation?

Gale Winnett
Old September 6th 04, 10:19 PM
Peter Smith

No handicap list was produced for 2004. At the Sports Class Nationals,
we had to use the 2003 list and, in a couple of instances, "negotiate"
handicaps for newer models that weren't on it. Fortunately for me as
CD, we had Hank Nixon, a member of the Rules Committee, on the scene.
He knew what to do (or if he didn't, at least he knew enough to speak
authoritatively).

Old September 12th 04, 05:21 AM
Tony Burton

Help. I went to the website to get some handicap info and discovered that
the list is VERY WELL hidden. I didn't see a link to it anywhere. Where in
webspace is it tucked away?

--
Tony Burton
Old September 12th 04, 05:36 AM
Judy Ruprecht

At 04:42 12 September 2004, Tony Burton wrote:
Help. I went to the website to get some handicap info
and discovered that
the list is VERY WELL hidden. I didn't see a link to
it anywhere. Where in
webspace is it tucked away?

Log in. Go to contest reports, click on scoring link.
Handicaps are the first item covered.

http://www.ssa.org/members/contestreports/scoring.asp

Judy

Old September 14th 04, 03:45 PM
Terrill D. Willard

Judy Ruprecht wrote in message ...

Snip--

Log in. Go to contest reports, click on scoring link.
Handicaps are the first item covered.

http://www.ssa.org/members/contestreports/scoring.asp

Judy

Since the site was revamped, I cannot log-in at all. Also, I find no
email address listed for help. Any ideas? The old site wasn't the
greatest, but at least I knew where everything was and I could get to
it. Now,.....?

Terrill Willard
Arizona, USA
SSA 18818
Old September 14th 04, 05:01 PM
For Example John Smith

The old site is still there
http://www.ssa.org/contests/ContestRanking.asp is still up and links to
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/PRL which has the most current rankings,
but not yet updated w/results of this summer's contests.

Brent

m...

Old September 14th 04, 06:31 PM
Eric Greenwell

Terrill D. Willard wrote:

Since the site was revamped, I cannot log-in at all. Also, I find no
email address listed for help. Any ideas?

If you click on the yellow "help/more options" label directly under the
password box, you will be taken to a page explaining how to log in, and
what to do if you can't.

The old site wasn't the
greatest, but at least I knew where everything was and I could get to
it. Now,.....?

Use it a few times - you'll get the hang of it, just like you did the
old one.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old September 15th 04, 05:46 PM
Terrill D. Willard

Eric,
Thanks, but I have already tried that. It goes to a copy of the old
help page, the only problem is that it does not work. I guess I'll
have to wait for a day when I'm off of work so I can telephone the
office as no email or online help is listed.

Thermals,
Terrill

Old September 15th 04, 07:16 PM
For Example John Smith

Terrill
Try this-- http://www.ssa.org/contests/ContestRanking.asp
it has a link to http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/PRL which has the 2003/4
ranking lists. I don't think 2005 exists yet.

om...

Old September 15th 04, 07:45 PM
Eric Greenwell

Terrill D. Willard wrote:
Eric,
Thanks, but I have already tried that. It goes to a copy of the old
help page, the only problem is that it does not work. I guess I'll
have to wait for a day when I'm off of work so I can telephone the
office as no email or online help is listed.

Is this what you tried?

--------
Membership Number: Use your membership number as shown on your
membership ID card. Keep in mind the Membership Number field allows for
only six (6) digits. If you are using the membership number found in the
address portion of your SOARING magazine, DO NOT enter the preceding zeros.

Password: Use the first letter of your last name (lower case), followed
by your member number. For example, John Smith's membership number is
123456 so his password would be s123456.

If you have questions regarding the login, please contact the SSA office
at (505) 392-1177 during the office hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (MST).
-------

The yellow link to the Help page lets me log in, but there is problem:
the page is labeled a "test" page in the URL, and doesn't connect to the
"real" pages, but seems to duplicate them. If I remove "test" from the
URL, it does take me to a real page.

I've sent an email about this bad link to the SSA office
), and also suggested the email address be prominently
displayed with the rest of the contact info instead just available from
the scrolling pictures.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA