"Refusing to Handle You"

Old August 1st 05, 03:58 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Allan9" wrote in message
. ..

Green Bay have them?

Nope.

Old August 1st 05, 09:58 PM
Warren Jones

"Allan9" wrote in message
. ..
Warren
I take exception to your statement.
The situation would have been researched and the user would have had the
situation explained to them right or wrong. Maybe that's what they would
do in your facility.
Al

Except away. What ATC facility QA department are you affiliated with?
Quality Assurance at a busy terminal or en route facility is largely
concerned with the technicalities of aircraft separation, air space
separation and incidents/accidents. For a non-incident/accident, all you
are actually going to get is lip service, believe it or not.

Chip, ZTL

Old August 2nd 05, 12:50 AM
Allan9

My sneaking hunch would be your southbounds are affected by MKE's
Al

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Allan9" wrote in message
. ..

Green Bay have them?

Nope.

Old August 2nd 05, 04:21 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Allan9" wrote in message
. ..

My sneaking hunch would be your southbounds are affected by MKE's

Yes, MKE has preferential routes. As do many other terminals which aircraft
may be cleared to from GRB. But GRB has none.

Old August 2nd 05, 12:35 PM
Warren Jones

"Allan9" wrote in message
Four years AMQA ORD/C90
Al

"Warren Jones" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Allan9" wrote in message
. ..
Warren
I take exception to your statement.
The situation would have been researched and the user would have had the
situation explained to them right or wrong. Maybe that's what they
would do in your facility.
Al

Except away. What ATC facility QA department are you affiliated with?
Quality Assurance at a busy terminal or en route facility is largely
concerned with the technicalities of aircraft separation, air space
separation and incidents/accidents. For a non-incident/accident, all you
are actually going to get is lip service, believe it or not.

And in the situation of Potomac Tracon controller refusing the routing on
this aircraft, as AMQA at Potomac you would have done what internally? You
said "the user would have had the situation explained to them, rightly or
wrong". That's lip service. That's exactly what I would expect QA to do at
my facility. Soothe the pilot with "we're looking into this." But as far
as somehow finding a QA issue in the case cited, refusing the route isn't a
QA issue. It's a tactical issue and the controller is the tactician.

Chip, ZTL

Old August 2nd 05, 04:09 PM
Allan9

Just to make certain we are talking apples and apples I am not referring to
the published (AIM) for one, Preferential Routings. I am speaking to the
ARTCC (ZAU or ZMP) internal computer routings. That'll be what comes out
between the plus signs.
Al

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
nk.net...

. ..

Old August 2nd 05, 04:16 PM
Allan9

Maybe that's the manner your QA operates. We did tell the user we would
investigate and would ask them if they wanted us to get back to them with
what we found. If they did we did. Internal people actions were handled in
house. All the user needed to know was the situation was resolved.
Al

"Warren Jones" wrote in message
k.net...

"Allan9" wrote in message
Four years AMQA ORD/C90
Al

"Warren Jones" wrote in message
ink.net...

. ..

Old August 2nd 05, 07:44 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Allan9" wrote in message
. ..

Just to make certain we are talking apples and apples I am not referring
to the published (AIM) for one, Preferential Routings. I am speaking to
the ARTCC (ZAU or ZMP) internal computer routings. That'll be what comes
out between the plus signs.

I'm talking apples.