Interest in a 20 Meter Multiseat Class National Contest for 2018?

Old June 5th 17, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Interest in a 20 Meter Multiseat Class National Contest for 2018?

On Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 11:43:13 PM UTC-4, AS wrote:
On Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 7:00:26 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 10:21:47 PM UTC-4, AS wrote:
On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 7:44:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
The SSA Rules Committee would like to gauge pilot interest in attending a potential 20 Meter Multiseat Class National Competition if it were hosted at Mifflin in 2018. The Rules Committee has determined that we need to have at least 12 confirmed entries if we are to proceed. Furthermore, time is of the essence if we are to have a chance of making this contest happen. If you would be definitely interested in attending this new National Contest, please respond to this thread or email me at as soon as possible.

Regards,

Bif Huss “H7”
SSA Contest Rules Committee

Would this a handicapped contest?
Uli
'AS'

This class is planned to have limited handicapping with a handicap range from Arcus to abut .05 greater numerical handicap so as to try to draw Duo's, some DG 2 seaters, and possibly others.
UH

Thanks, I am interested - tentatively.
Uli
'AS'

Still soliciting multi seat pilots. Please respond if you would be interested in coming.

Bif "H7"
Old June 7th 17, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Piet Barber

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 7:44:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
The SSA Rules Committee would like to gauge pilot interest in attending a potential 20 Meter Multiseat Class National Competition if it were hosted at Mifflin in 2018.

I'd be honored to bring "QQ". I'm pretty sure I'll come in DFL among all the pilots who are responding, but ... what the heck. Seems like a fun time.
Old June 7th 17, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Piet

That glider knows the Mifflin task area really well...Come on up!

Janine

Old July 10th 17, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 4:55:20 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Piet

That glider knows the Mifflin task area really well...Come on up!

Janine

On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 4:35:50 PM UTC-4, Piet Barber wrote:
On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 7:44:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
The SSA Rules Committee would like to gauge pilot interest in attending a potential 20 Meter Multiseat Class National Competition if it were hosted at Mifflin in 2018.

I'd be honored to bring "QQ". I'm pretty sure I'll come in DFL among all the pilots who are responding, but ... what the heck. Seems like a fun time.

Folks,

Organizers need as much interest as you can give to attending the first ever 20 meter nationals ; potentially to be held at Mifflin in May 2018.

If you have any thought of attending with a two seater let it be known to Janine !! She is getting alot of interest but needs to know how many ships may play in Mifflin.

This is a very very very fun class!!

HW

Old July 11th 17, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Would definitely be interested in attending with our DG1000.
Old July 11th 17, 05:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill G

Bif,

Heh I would reach out to Matti at USAFA on this also. I could see where the Academy might like a contest like this in some cases. I will mention it to him also.

Hope all is well! Miss seeing all you guys at Comps since I retired from USAFA. Also, I could imagine some Stemme owners could find such a contest interesting too.

Bill Gagen
Old July 11th 17, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 12:54:48 AM UTC-4, Bill G wrote:
Bif,

Heh I would reach out to Matti at USAFA on this also. I could see where the Academy might like a contest like this in some cases. I will mention it to him also.

Hope all is well! Miss seeing all you guys at Comps since I retired from USAFA. Also, I could imagine some Stemme owners could find such a contest interesting too.

Bill Gagen

The academy brought three Duos to Hobbs, i be theyd take them to mifflin!
Old July 11th 17, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Would 23 meters be accepted at a 20 meter contest?

Unfortunately, with a 200 hour inspection/overhaul requirement on the
propeller, I have to pick and choose where and when I can travel with
the ship. Maybe a trailer some day...

On 7/10/2017 10:54 PM, Bill G wrote:
snip Also, I could imagine some Stemme owners could find such a contest interesting too.

Bill Gagen

--
Dan, 5J
Old July 11th 17, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RomeoRomeo

Still soliciting multi seat pilots. Please respond if you would be interested in coming.

Bif "H7"

Bif, I would be interested in bringing our Duo-t.

Rick
"PL"

Old July 12th 17, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hey Guys,

It's official...Mifflin Soaring Assoc was awarded the first 20M Multiplace Nationals in 2018. It will be posted on the SSA site soon, but here are the dates:
Practice Day: Sun May 13
Contest Days: Mon May 14 - Tue May 22

More details to follow sometime this summer.
Janine

13.5 Meter class Gerry Simpson Soaring 2 December 11th 15 02:47 PM
USA Uvalde Standard Class National Contest Results Day 1 [email protected] Soaring 0 August 2nd 06 02:06 AM
Condor contest interest? Frank Soaring 2 February 8th 06 08:44 PM
US National Open Class Contest Jay Soaring 0 May 4th 05 11:40 PM
USA National Open Class Contest Jay Soaring 0 April 12th 05 07:39 PM