A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Interest in a 20 Meter Multiseat Class National Contest for 2018?

Old June 1st 17, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Interest in a 20 Meter Multiseat Class National Contest for 2018?

The SSA Rules Committee would like to gauge pilot interest in attending a potential 20 Meter Multiseat Class National Competition if it were hosted at Mifflin in 2018. The Rules Committee has determined that we need to have at least 12 confirmed entries if we are to proceed. Furthermore, time is of the essence if we are to have a chance of making this contest happen. If you would be definitely interested in attending this new National Contest, please respond to this thread or email me at as soon as possible.

Regards,

Bif Huss “H7”
SSA Contest Rules Committee
Old June 1st 17, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, 31 May 2017 17:44:36 UTC-6, wrote:
The SSA Rules Committee would like to gauge pilot interest in attending a potential 20 Meter Multiseat Class National Competition if it were hosted at Mifflin in 2018. The Rules Committee has determined that we need to have at least 12 confirmed entries if we are to proceed. Furthermore, time is of the essence if we are to have a chance of making this contest happen. If you would be definitely interested in attending this new National Contest, please respond to this thread or email me at as soon as possible.

Regards,

Bif Huss “H7”

Sorry to hijack your thread Bif but what about announcing and listing on the SSA Racing Calendar the other 2018 contests? I know folks have submitted applications but nothing is on the calendar. Can you please shed some light on what is going on? If you do not know who should I be bugging?

THanks
Old June 1st 17, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 7:54:02 PM UTC-4, Ron Gleason wrote:

Regards,

Bif Huss “H7”

Sorry to hijack your thread Bif but what about announcing and listing on the SSA Racing Calendar the other 2018 contests? I know folks have submitted applications but nothing is on the calendar. Can you please shed some light on what is going on? If you do not know who should I be bugging?

THanks

Hi Ron, there is no contest yet. The purpose of this thread is to see if we have enough interest to proceed with trying to have a contest. We need at least 12 entries to commit to attending before we can proceed to the next steps of trying to make this contest happen.

"H7"
Old June 1st 17, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Regards,

Bif Huss “H7”

THanks

I might add that if you are a pilot interested in attending a 2018 20M Multiseat National Contest in Mifflin, that you contact other potential entrants and have them respond so that we can achieve critical mass to justify putting this on.

Thanks,

Bif "H7"
Old June 1st 17, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

I would like to fly this contest if I can get the Harris Hill Duo or another suitable glider, Great idea.
Sean Murphy
XC
Old June 1st 17, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, 31 May 2017 18:16:58 UTC-6, wrote:

Regards,

Bif Huss “H7”

THanks

I might add that if you are a pilot interested in attending a 2018 20M Multiseat National Contest in Mifflin, that you contact other potential entrants and have them respond so that we can achieve critical mass to justify putting this on.

Thanks,

Bif "H7"

Sorry Bif but I missed typed. I am asking to about the other 2018 National Contests. Nothing on the SSA web site, no way to do any planning etc etc
Old June 1st 17, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, 31 May 2017 18:29:25 UTC-6, wrote:
I would like to fly this contest if I can get the Harris Hill Duo or another suitable glider, Great idea.
Sean Murphy
XC

I am not interested in contest and I do not believe it is in the best interest if the SSA Contest Rules Committee to have yet another class for a Nationals competition. IF this held will take away from folks that would participate in the 2018 Sports Nationals, which are typically dominate by Duo's and Arcus'es?

Oh wait we do not know when or where the 2018 Nationals are being held, how can we plan.

IMO class creep is bad for the competition scene with the SSA. What is next the folks asking for $$ to go to the World 20 Meter competition?

#classcreepisbad
Old June 1st 17, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 7:44:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Regards,

Bif Huss “H7”

Would this a handicapped contest?
Uli
'AS'
Old June 1st 17, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 7:44:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
If you would be definitely interested in attending this new National Contest,
please respond to this thread or email me at as soon as
possible.

Thanks Bif, count me as interested, Dave "YO" (ArcusM)
Old June 1st 17, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 9:16:40 PM UTC-4, Ron Gleason wrote:
...I do not believe it is in the best interest if the SSA Contest Rules
Committee to have yet another class for a Nationals competition.

It's the IGC, not SSA, that created the 20m class, due to international
interest. USA lags rest of world here.

IF this held will take away from folks that would participate in the
2018 Sports Nationals, which are typically dominate by Duo's and Arcus'es?

Should not. My understanding is the USA 20m team selection criteria awards
points for 20m within sports or open as well (at least for 2016-2017).

See ya, Dave

PS: Don't forget about the up-and-coming 11m class.