**^%$^*)(^%$$E - OLC Again!

Old June 16th 17, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default **^%$^*)(^%$$E - OLC Again!

Once again I can't log on. Except some times I can. Then when I try to
post a flight I'm logged off. Try to lodge a complaint and there are
only a few canned complaints allowed, none of which address the problem.

Yesterday, due to GPS dropouts, I posted an incomplete flight. Today I
was able to download the IGC file from another recorder in my glider and
update my flight on Skylines (XCSsoar, they always work when OLC often
fails). But I can not delete yesterday's posting because I can't log
on. And I cannot post the complete log because there's an existing
claim for the day.

Recently they asked me if I would send more money to support them.
Figure the odds... If OLC was a software contractor to me, I'd fire
them for their crappy product.

OLC - are you monitoring this newsgroup?
--
Dan, 5J
Old June 16th 17, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

Dan, every few months the OLC website refuses to allow my login (using
Google Chrome). I have to delete all cookies from "onlinecontest".
This always fixes the problem.

Bob

On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:20:33 -0600, Dan Marotta
wrote:

Once again I can't log on. Except some times I can. Then when I try to
post a flight I'm logged off. Try to lodge a complaint and there are
only a few canned complaints allowed, none of which address the problem.

Yesterday, due to GPS dropouts, I posted an incomplete flight. Today I
was able to download the IGC file from another recorder in my glider and
update my flight on Skylines (XCSsoar, they always work when OLC often
fails). But I can not delete yesterday's posting because I can't log
on. And I cannot post the complete log because there's an existing
claim for the day.

Recently they asked me if I would send more money to support them.
Figure the odds... If OLC was a software contractor to me, I'd fire
them for their crappy product.

OLC - are you monitoring this newsgroup?

---
http://www.avg.com

Old June 16th 17, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I'll give that a try. Thanks Bob.

And I thought cookies were to make internet life better.

Old June 16th 17, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

OK that worked and I was able to delete the partial flight and upload
the complete flight. So, from now on, every time my login doesn't work
I'll delete the cookies and try again. I still wouldn't accept that
performance from a contractor...

Old June 17th 17, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

FWIW, I have had the same or similar problem with Google Chrome. I couldn't log in so I reset my password and logged in. Then, as soon as I tried to look at something, it logged me out. After trying this several times, I logged in with IE and it worked fine. I will try deleting cookies.
Sandy
Old June 17th 17, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Deleting the cookies did not help. IE works fine. Chrome does not.
Old June 17th 17, 11:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:07:12 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

OK that worked and I was able to delete the partial flight and upload
the complete flight. So, from now on, every time my login doesn't work
I'll delete the cookies and try again. I still wouldn't accept that
performance from a contractor...

Some browsers, e.g. Firefox and PaleMoon, have a configuration option to
delete all cookies when the browser exits. If your browser offers this
option try it and see if it makes the OLC problem go away.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old June 17th 17, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B[_2_]

Try to login in incognito mode, might help.

Cheers

Paul
Old June 17th 17, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

That sounds like a good idea except that I don't want ALL cookies
deleted. Perhaps it can be scaled down simply to delete cookies on a
particular site upon exit. Since this morning I've learned how to
delete the cookies of a single site having already wiped out a bunch of
stuff that I liked having around for other sites.

Old June 17th 17, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 09:06:05 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

That sounds like a good idea except that I don't want ALL cookies
deleted. Perhaps it can be scaled down simply to delete cookies on a
particular site upon exit. Since this morning I've learned how to
delete the cookies of a single site having already wiped out a bunch of
stuff that I liked having around for other sites.

On 6/17/2017 4:00 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:07:12 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

OK that worked and I was able to delete the partial flight and upload
the complete flight. So, from now on, every time my login doesn't
work I'll delete the cookies and try again. I still wouldn't accept
that performance from a contractor...

Some browsers, e.g. Firefox and PaleMoon, have a configuration option
to delete all cookies when the browser exits. If your browser offers
this option try it and see if it makes the OLC problem go away.

I've never seen a selective version, so looks like this wouldn't suit you.

OTOH I like the nuke-em-all approach because it gets rid of tracking
cookies etc that I need like a hole in the head, just as I disallow 3rd
party cookies.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK