Watch 60 Minutes on Nov 6th

Old October 21st 05, 06:31 AM
Roger Worden

Default Watch 60 Minutes on Nov 6th

From a semi-reliable source:

"On September 20th, CBS's 60 MINUTES crew came out to Seminole-Lake
Gliderport, Clermont, FL. where they had scheduled bringing a "Mystery Man"
Glider Pilot for a glider flight check-out and filming. Knut Kjenslie, owner
and operator of the Gliderport found out the mystery man was Neil Armstrong.
Neil Armstrong wanted a check out to fly one of Knut's gliders. Armstrong
wanted to fly gliders so he could fly them in the filming of the segment
about his love of glider flying.

This is part of a special profile on the famous Astronaut in conjunction
with his Neil Armstrong autobiography. Mr. Armstrong was a competitive
Gliderpilot in the 1960s', before he went to the moon. This special Profile
on Neil Armstrong is set to air Sunday November 6 2005 on "60 Minutes".

The producer told Knut not to be offended but they will also have to air a
little about him not only being a gliderpilot but that he was the First man
to walk on the moon and the most famous Astronaut to date."

Old October 21st 05, 11:44 AM
Don Johnstone

At 05:36 21 October 2005, Roger Worden wrote:
From a semi-reliable source:

[...]

I don't think I would be offended if Neil Armstrong
turned up at my club whatever slant was put on it and
I suspect very few others would be.
I am just praying now that my satellite package includes
CBS news

Old October 22nd 05, 03:09 PM
COLIN LAMB

But, if he had thermaled to the moon, that would have been something really
special.

OK, I'm off... Simon Robbins Rotorcraft 15 March 14th 05 12:44 AM
Looking for a watch... Darrel Toepfer Rotorcraft 1 November 8th 04 09:42 PM
Last night on 60 minutes: Bush used influence to avoid Nam ArtKramr Military Aviation 7 September 10th 04 01:20 AM
Ideal watch? Brinks Owning 45 December 24th 03 03:00 PM
Where can I watch planes? (Northern NJ) TeleTechnician General Aviation 6 November 21st 03 03:09 AM