Coronavirus impacting activities?

Old March 22nd 20, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Coronavirus impacting activities?

I’m busy re-reading the Soaring articles from the late 1960’s right now since the wx is stinko for soaring today. Much more entertaining than this here stuff. Helps to get me tuned up for racing later in the year too lol.
Dan
Old March 22nd 20, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 12:16:29 -0600, kinsell wrote:

On 3/22/20 9:59 AM, 2G wrote:
On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 3:00:05 AM UTC-7, Don Johnstone wrote:
At 06:12 22 March 2020, 2G wrote:

LOL! My county (Benton, WA) also had ZERO cases less than a week
ago: as
of=
today it has 3 deaths and 11 cases. I repeat, lack of symptoms DOES
NOT
me=
an no infection: just go ask your cousin!

BTW, you're welcome.

Tom

Tom, you are banging your head against a thick wall mate. There are
those in this world who will refuse to do what they are asked to do,
find excuses why they know better and just carry on despite the harm
that they may do to others. I believe you have a name for them over
your side of the pond.
They are insignificant little people in all ways except the harm they
do to others, best to ignore them completely and hope Darwinism will
eventually prevail.

Don,

You are right, of course. I guess I am an eternal optimist: even if I
can't sway the mind of someone as obstinate as Cowgirl, I just might
plant a seed in someone else who reads these posts but is silent.
Personally, I have been struck the extremely contagious nature of CV
that necessitates these extreme actions. And I even got Cowgirl to talk
to her cousin at the CDC.

Tom

Cowgirl occasionally signs his/her/its postings as "Dan", so not clear
what his/her/its pronouns are. Best to just get a decent usenet reader,
and put whatever in the kill file.

The currently popular pronoun when gender is unknown seems to be 'they'.

Dunno if I like it all that much but at least its inoffensive and seems
to be the politically correct flavour of the month round here. Its used
by both 'New Scientist' and 'The Register'. The latter snarks more than
the former.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old March 22nd 20, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 3/22/20 9:59 AM, 2G wrote:
[...]

Being inoffensive to Unique is of no particular concern, I just get my
news from the Babylon Bee, which puts The Register to shame in the
snarkiness department. Nice thing about killfiles is they work equally
well on all 58 genders. They don't discriminate.

https://babylonbee.com/news/springbr...spell-out-yolo

Old March 22nd 20, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Well thats mighty “white” of you there kinsell.
Old March 22nd 20, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On 3/22/20 12:57 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 12:16:29 -0600, kinsell wrote:

The currently popular pronoun when gender is unknown seems to be
'they'.

Dunno if I like it all that much but at least its inoffensive and seems
to be the politically correct flavour of the month round here. Its used
by both 'New Scientist' and 'The Register'. The latter snarks more than
the former.

Being inoffensive to Unique is of no particular concern, I just get my
news from the Babylon Bee, which puts The Register to shame in the
snarkiness department. Nice thing about killfiles is they work equally
well on all 58 genders. They don't discriminate.

:-)

The 'inoffensive' tag was not intended to refer to any entity, regardless
of their corporeal or spiritual existence or lack thereof and which plane
of conciousness they inhabit. Rather, it was meant to reassure those in
need of reassurance that using that plural nongendered pronoun in this
fashion is SFW and, indeed encouraged by those who find specifying an
unknown entity's gender to be problematic.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old March 22nd 20, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m

Uneekc, Are you a coke addict? That's so 1980s? Have you tried meth? I don't blame you for the drugs man, being on the front lines of the war on science has gotta be stressful. Antivaxer by chance?
Old March 22nd 20, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

NO, actually I find this quite entertaining and informative, Dan.

You're being treated precisely like a "climate denier".* Didn't we go
through that recently?* Reading all of the attacks shows the same party
line, only the crisis is different.* Global cooling, global warming,
melting ice with flooded cities, climate change...* You name it, if you
don't follow the party line, there's something wrong with you.

Here's another take on the subject: CoronaVirus
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/most-of-those-infected-wont-even-know-it-israeli-virologist-tells-world-leaders-to-calm-unnecessary-panic-over-exaggerated-coronavirus/.
Most people who get the virus will get over it without even realizing
they had it.* One website now has US cases at 32,356 with 414 deaths.*
Now, if you want to talk about the flu, CDC estimates 38 MILLION cases
this year with 390,000 hospitalizations, and 23,000 deaths.* Now I ask
you, which scares you more?

This is what I believe, and I'm not in a line for the slaughter. While
others hoard toilet paper, I increase my supply of (gasp) ammo.* No
really, I enjoy target shooting; killed a bunch of steel targets just
last week.

On 3/22/2020 12:49 PM, wrote:
I’m busy re-reading the Soaring articles from the late 1960’s right now since the wx is stinko for soaring today. Much more entertaining than this here stuff. Helps to get me tuned up for racing later in the year too lol.
Dan

--
Dan, 5J

Old March 23rd 20, 12:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
IADPE

On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 9:03:01 AM UTC-5, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

Buy the glider!!!! This is a perfect sport for social distancing.

It's not the social concerns but rather the economic. I'd hate to spend the savings only to need it for more pressing things.
Old March 23rd 20, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I am guessing/assuming.....I may be incorrect....

Sounds like some are likely to need to watch.....

Soylent green....soylent green
Or Logans run....
Both are 1970's era movies......both sorta fit the concept of, "you get old, you die" sorta thang....

Wait until you hit this point in time....

Keep in mind, most "old folks" either paid/helped pay for you to fly early on, or support flying where you are...
Yes, I have heard from a few "20 something's" that current virus is a "boomer doomer".....I plan to be around to annoy some youngers for a few more decades....as Monty Python would say..."I'm not dead yet!!!"... much to the chagrin of my 20 something kidlets....
Old March 24th 20, 11:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 7:10:43 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Andy, yes in all seriousness, they would be welcome, I would put them in quarentine for a week or so in our guest house to make sure symptoms dont show themselves, but yes, I dont blame anyone for wanting to get out of rampent infected areas. Ask those poor folks who were cooped up on that cruise ship just waiting to get infected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hks6Nq7g6P4

Coronavirus ProfJ Soaring 26 March 9th 20 08:23 PM
SUA activities for OSH bound pilots Jim Burns Piloting 1 July 22nd 05 03:33 PM
more activities at Chateauroux ? hugo36 Military Aviation 0 February 15th 04 03:05 AM
Allow me to share today's activities Frederick Wilson Home Built 36 November 17th 03 02:57 PM
Allow me to share today's activities Frederick Wilson Piloting 14 November 17th 03 02:57 PM