PZL Variometer Model No; WRs-5D

Old May 16th 20, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Milner

Default PZL Variometer Model No; WRs-5D

Evening All, I have a problem with my vario reading 1 Knot down and I'd
like
to adjust it back to zero.
I've searched the web for hours looking for an instruction manual but
cannot
find anything about zeroing this particular vario.

Is their anyone out there that can help?

Thanks

Old May 16th 20, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john firth

On Friday, May 15, 2020 at 7:15:05 PM UTC-4, Andrew Milner wrote:
Evening All, I have a problem with my vario reading 1 Knot down and I'd
like
to adjust it back to zero.
I've searched the web for hours looking for an instruction manual but
cannot
find anything about zeroing this particular vario.

Is their anyone out there that can help?

Thanks

you have to remove the faceplate; make a tool which engages in the slots in the
retaining ring. use a few drops of penetrating oil on thecircumference.
Hold the case in a vice with padding.
unscrew counter clockwise; if the glass is stuck use a sucker cup
to lift it off.
Adjustment screw is in the centre of the dial,.
JMF
Old May 17th 20, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

you have to remove the faceplate; make a tool which engages in the slots in the
retaining ring.

A scrap of 1/16 ss with the corners ground nicely worked on my asi, but this looks first class.

https://wingsandwheels.com/avionics-...zel-rings.html

Old May 17th 20, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I used a hack saw blade cut to the right length, for my winter altimeter bezel fits nicely and very stiff/hardened.

CH