Sad Day

Old July 2nd 19, 12:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m

Default Sad Day

https://www.ksl.com/article/46585850...sanpete-county
Heartfelt Condolences.
Old July 2nd 19, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It continues.
Old July 2nd 19, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Another Arkus M. Yes, sad day.
Old July 2nd 19, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ripacheco1967

The article says people found them... how can this be? Aren’t they in radio contact during the contest? Probably a misunderstanding by the people that posted the news article.
Old July 2nd 19, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

I'm very sorry to hear about the accident.

I am worried about friends and look forward to hearing who was in the Arcus M.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Old July 2nd 19, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 7:05:34 AM UTC-6, ripacheco1967 wrote:
The article says people found them... how can this be? Aren’t they in radio contact during the contest? Probably a misunderstanding by the people that posted the news article.

This is a bit odd because it was close to the Nephi Airport. The SPOT shows the crash site. The article states it was found just after 5pm but when I left the airport after 7 no information had been passed to the event (Yet).
Old July 2nd 19, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

It looks like MM on the tail.Â* Does anyone know who that was?

--
Dan, 5J
Old July 2nd 19, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

I just joined the local club (Utah Soaring Assoc.) and got checked out on Sunday. I sat in on the pilot briefing yesterday and the weather was indicating a solid day for soaring.

Ironically, the daily safety brief was about proper parachute donning technique and bailing out. It doesn't look like they had the option.

Deepest condolences to their families.

Paul A.

Old July 2nd 19, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 8:10:09 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
It looks like MM on the tail.Â* Does anyone know who that was?

Dan, 5J

John Weber and Tom Bjork
Old July 2nd 19, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 5:30:41 PM UTC+2, K m wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 8:10:09 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
It looks like MM on the tail.Â* Does anyone know who that was?

Dan, 5J

John Weber and Tom Bjork

Checking if I may have met the pilots in person, I have just found this video from 2 years ago:

https://youtu.be/fZSa5nwX3dw