Start of New England soaring season!

Old February 4th 14, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Start of New England soaring season!

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=3470471
Old February 5th 14, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

well you have to start somewhere Dave.

Leah and I climbed to 5200 MSL in the 2-33 off an auto tow the weekend before last. today we got 6+" of snow...
Old February 5th 14, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 6:07:59 PM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
well you have to start somewhere Dave.

Leah and I climbed to 5200 MSL in the 2-33 off an auto tow
the weekend before last. today we got 6+" of snow...

I get scared if I fly that high.
Highest today was around 2500 AGL...
A foot of snow forecast for here tomorrow ;-(
Old February 5th 14, 05:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Blue Whale

"Start" of the New England soaring season? The GBSC "Heavy Iron" has been soaring all winter! Here's a video from Saturday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UKgb...ature=youtu.be

Old February 5th 14, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:21:39 PM UTC-5, Blue Whale wrote:
"Start" of the New England soaring season? The GBSC "Heavy Iron"
has been soaring all winter! Here's a video from Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UKgb...ature=youtu.be

Very nice! I was still recovering from the flu Saturday.
Looks like you got the same nose-bleed altitude I did yesterday...
We've already had 6" snow today, so I think we're grounded
for a while now...

See ya, Dave "YO electric"

Old February 6th 14, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Congratulations to YO for posting something about actually flying XC!
Jim
Old February 7th 14, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:35:51 PM UTC-5, JS wrote:
Congratulations to YO for posting something about actually flying XC!
Jim

Well, calling that XC might be a slight exaggeration ;-)
One foot of snow yesterday, no more flying for a while...
At least I got to check all my latest mods are OK
prior driving down to the Seniors!

See ya, Dave "YO electric"