Avionics quote

Old August 31st 03, 12:30 AM
Dan Luke

"Doug" wrote:
The Garmin is a nice unit.

What Garmin unit?

But I have a King KLN90B that allows me to
do everything a Garmin does (well I have a seperate radio and VOR).

So do I.

And the KLN90B installation, buying a used one, would be about

$5000.
So you don't HAVE to spend that much. Ah, I don't have the roll
steerring.

The idea is to get rid of the separate standalone GPS and replace it
with a combo unit that will (eventually) display Stormscope data.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old September 1st 03, 02:33 PM

Mike Spera wrote:
: This is why I gotta laugh when some underfunded newbie says they want to
: buy a "fixer-upper" and starts asking around for the lowest priced "deal".

It can be done, but one must be very careful in purchasing.
Knowledge sufficient to self-installation (with IA guidance) also helps.
I got a full digital King IFR panel (VFR GPS/COM, 2nd COM, RNAV/GS, NAV,
transponder, encoder, audio panel, intercom) for $4500. Gotta love (and
hate) EBay. My IA put in a KLN-90B he got for $1k. Another $1k for
annunciators/indicators and he'll have approach-capable GPS.

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *
* (Just my 20 USm$) *

Old September 1st 03, 05:07 PM
Mike Rapoport

All the navigators have roll steering outputs, the question is whether the
AP will accept the roll steering "language" that the navigator is putting
out. In may case I needed a Garmin GAD 42 to convert the digital roll
steering output from the 530 to an analog input that my AP can understand.

Mike
MU-2

"karl gruber" wrote in message
1) S-Tec ST-901 GPSS Roll Steering Converter $915

Better watch out! The CNX-80 has GPSS steering built in.

Karl