I've had it with Chinese tools!

Old November 26th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default I've had it with Chinese tools!

"jls" wrote in message
oups.com...

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"jls" wrote in message
ups.com...

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"jls" wrote in message
ups.com...

Owe R. wrote:
"Juan Jimenez" wrote
I've had it with the El Cheapo Corp. tools. ....

Try Stahlwille, god German high quality tools.

God German, huh?

I went and looked at their safety wire twisters at their website.
Gosh, I would have bought them instead of the Snap-Ons if I had
known.
Thanks for the tip.

http://www.stahlwilleaerospace.com/WireTwist.html

Did you find prices? I went to that web site and there's no prices
that I
can see.

I can't find them now, but did find a TN company, Samstag, where you
can special order them at roughly the same price:
http://www.samstagsales.com/stahlwille.htm#webspecial

$121 for a small pair of safety wire pliers. Not...

That's about what the USMC was paying for them, even back in your
heyday. Not so bad when you figure Halliburton bills the taxpayers $45
for a six-pack of Cokes.
I've used Milbars. They're xlnt.

$121 for a pair of safety wire plies in 1978? I find that rather doubtful.

Old November 26th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .

I need a set of QUALITY safety wire pliers (like the great ones we used
to use in the Marines in the late 70's and 80's, damn things always
worked perfectly), snips, needle nose pliers, wire cutters, etc. I'm not
looking for fancy displays at airshows or chrome plated crap or paying
money for brand names, I want reliable tools that I can rely on when I
need them to do their jobs.

I just got a harbor freight catalog. On page 35 is a 9" Safety Wire
Twister for $15.99 It's made by 'Pittsburgh', and claims to have a
lifetime warranty. part number 45341-0CHA.

It also shows up on their website, as does a 6" pair for $9.99.

I've never heard of Pittsburgh tools.

It's an alter-ego for another Chinese tool manufacturer. Harbor Freight is
like Walmart, almost impossible to find anything in it that says "made in
usa".

Old November 26th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Steve Foley" wrote

I just got a harbor freight catalog. On page 35 is a 9" Safety Wire
Twister for $15.99 It's made by 'Pittsburgh', and claims to have a
lifetime warranty. part number 45341-0CHA.

It also shows up on their website, as does a 6" pair for $9.99.

With a price like that, they will be made in Pittsburgh, China.

Quality costs. Harbor freight is not expensive. Anyone get the
connection? g

Yes, quality costs, but subsidized company activities that have nothing to
do with making tools cost even more. It's kinda like pharmaceuticals. You're
not just paying for the medicine, you're paying for things like vacations
for the doctors who prescribe the most, etc.