L.A.R.K. Program

Old April 11th 05, 05:46 AM
Flyingmonk

Default L.A.R.K. Program

I'm neither left nor right, but I do admit... it's funny.

Subject: L.A.R.K. Program

A person wrote a letter to the White House complaining about the
treatment of a captive taken during the Afghanistan war. Below is a
copy of the response.

Dear Concerned Citizen:

Thank you for your recent letter criticizing our treatment of the
Taliban and Al Qaeda detainees currently held at Guantanamo Bay , Cuba
.. The administration takes these matters seriously, and your opinion
was heard loud and clear here in Washington . You'll be pleased to
learn that thanks to the concerns of citizens like you we are creating
the Terrorist Retraining Program, to be called the "Liberals Accept
Responsibility for Killers" program, or LARK for short. In accordance
with the guidelines of this new program we have decided to place one
terrorist under your personal care.

Your detainee has been selected and scheduled for transportation to
your residence next Monday. Ali Mohammed Ahmed bin Mahmud is to be
cared for pursuant to the standards you personally demanded in your
letter of admonishment. We will conduct weekly inspections to ensure
that your standards of care for Ahmed are commensurate with those you
so strongly recommended in your letter.

Although Ahmed is sociopathic and extremely violent, we hope that your
sensitivity to what you described as his "attitudinal problem" will
help him overcome this character flaw. Perhaps you are correct in
describing these problems as mere cultural differences.

Your adopted terrorist is extremely proficient in hand-to-hand combat
and can extinguish human life with such simple items as a pencil or
nail clippers. He is also expert at making a wide variety of explosive
devices from common household products, so you may wish to keep those
items locked up, unless you feel that this might offend him.

Ahmed will not wish to interact with your wife or daughters since he
views females as a subhuman form of property. This is a particularly
sensitive subject for him. He has been known to show violent tendencies

around women who fail to comply with the dress code that he considers
appropriate, but I'm sure that over time they will come to enjoy the
anonymity offered by the bhurka. Just remind them that it is all part
of respecting his culture and his religious beliefs.

Thanks again for your letter. We truly appreciate it when folks like
you inform us of the proper way to do our job. Take good care of Ahmed
and good luck!

Cordially,
Don Rumsfeld

Old April 11th 05, 07:26 AM
Bushy Pete

And I just received the letter in the mail from the wonderful australian
goverment to tell me that I have to have a lock on my plane so the
terrorists can't steal it.....

Peter

oups.com...

Old April 11th 05, 05:25 PM
Dude

"Bushy Pete" wrote in message
And I just received the letter in the mail from the wonderful australian
goverment to tell me that I have to have a lock on my plane so the
terrorists can't steal it.....

Peter

Peter,

Perhaps you should start a movement down in OZ to ban truck rentals. Rental
trucks, unlike light aircraft, have been proven to be incredibly useful
terrorist tools that have taken hundreds of lives. They are essential
ingredients in not only the dreaded "truck bomb", but if the terrorists ever
did decide to use a light aircraft in one of their schemes, they would
undoubtedly need a rental truck to transport their bombs and gases to the
airport. Indeed, if they were to get in an accident along the way to the
airport to load the plane, the loss of human life would likely be even
greater than if they were to succeed in using the plane!

BAN the TRUCKS!

Old April 11th 05, 06:12 PM
Steve Foley

Now you're spreading mis-information. It was clearly demonstrated in Miami
that a Cessna is as effective a terrorist weapon as a baseball.

Old April 12th 05, 01:29 AM
Flyingmonk

Is Bush trying to minimize terrorist truck bombings by increasing gas
prices at the pump?
Just a thought... Them trucks do guzzle gas.

Bryan

Old April 13th 05, 04:15 AM
StellaStarr

Flyingmonk wrote:
I'm neither left nor right, but I do admit... it's funny.

Your adopted terrorist is extremely proficient in hand-to-hand combat
and can extinguish human life with such simple items as a pencil or
nail clippers.

And, of course, bogus.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/lark.asp
Old April 15th 05, 01:23 AM
Flyingmonk

I for one, didn't need any website to tell me that it was a hoax. Did
you?

Bryan