Spin Recovery Training Before First Solo?

Old September 5th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Spin Recovery Training Before First Solo?

The thread "Any Spins Lately" made me wonder. If an instructor does
not teach spin recovery, is it worthwhile to find someone that teaches
spin recovery and take a few lessons before the first solo. If not,
then when would be a good time to do upset and spin recovery training.
Before my first cross country solo or after I get my certificate.

In my case my instructor is close by, but does not do spin recovery
training. I am quite happy with him and have no plans on switching.
However, there is an aerobatics instructor about 60 miles away that I
could use for spin training.

Old September 5th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Sep 5, 2:21 pm, wrote:
The thread "Any Spins Lately" made me wonder. If an instructor does
not teach spin recovery, is it worthwhile to find someone that teaches
spin recovery and take a few lessons before the first solo. If not,
then when would be a good time to do upset and spin recovery training.
Before my first cross country solo or after I get my certificate.

In my case my instructor is close by, but does not do spin recovery
training. I am quite happy with him and have no plans on switching.
However, there is an aerobatics instructor about 60 miles away that I
could use for spin training.

We had a stalling regime in our training before solo.
This included recovery from fully developed stalls (incipient spins)
leading at the PPL level as recovery with minimum height loss
The instructor had us spin the aircraft from the getgo.

Spin Recovery Training Before First Solo? [email protected] Piloting 16 September 9th 07 03:48 AM
Cable break recovery spin entry... as previously discussed [email protected] Soaring 26 July 3rd 05 08:28 AM
SR22 Spin Recovery gwengler Piloting 9 September 24th 04 07:31 AM
inverted spin recovery explanation Alan Wood Aerobatics 18 August 19th 04 03:32 PM
Edelweiss - Spin recovery procedures Uri Saovray Soaring 7 March 15th 04 12:41 AM