Your free AvGas fillup at Dodge Center MN (TOB) July Sunday 31, AM

Old August 4th 05, 04:45 PM
George Patterson

David Lesher wrote:
What no one has broached here is how to CYA on future automagic gas purchases.

Do these pumps issue a printed receipt?

The ones I've used do.

Is there some test you can run to be sure it's stopped charging you? (Such
as trying to pump again, and getting prompted for the CCard?)

I've done this at Sky Manor. The first prompt is an instruction to ground the
aircraft. I will hit enough buttons to display that prompt.

George Patterson
Old August 5th 05, 04:44 PM

Paul,
Keep us updated on the outcome. It is most likely that you would
not hear from the individual who used the pump after you. I agree that
it hardly cost you anything but your time to post here. At the
minimum, your experience will help others to be more careful in using
self service pump.
Years ago, I accidently left a barely used $50 copy card in the
copying machine. I had nobody but myself to blame for loss. I am
pretty sure that if I had known someone who did the same thing before,
I would have been more careful.
When we first started using the self sevice pump, at one time, we
forget to reset the meter and was quite concerned in seeing the meter
added up our purchase to the previous one. We went to talk to the FBO
and was told not to worry. He explained to us that although the meter
was not reset, the system had a way of recording the exact purchase.
We checked our credit card billing later and found that this was the
case.
Although most self service station let you enter the estimated
dollars or gallons that you want to purchase, I recall having used some
which did not offer this option. Again, most stations issued a
receipt but I have come across some that did not give any either. In
any case, we will be more careful when hanging up the pump.
Thank you for posting your experience here.

Hai Longworth

Old August 10th 05, 01:08 PM
Ray Andraka

Jay Honeck wrote:

Unfortunately, our revenue is 10 to 1 credit/debit cards versus cash, so
they've got me -- and millions of honest vendors like me -- over a
barbed-wire barrel...

Jay's exactly right. The CC companies don't lose. Someone said
something like "you know how much the CC companies lose to fraud each
year". Guess what, the CC companies don't lose a penny to fraud. The
costs that can't be passed back to a vendor (who, BTW pays a 2-4%
premium on every transaction) gets passed on to the CC holders in the
form of high interest rates and fees. Trust me, the CC companies would
not be in business if they weren't turning a profit.

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759