I am NOT superstitious

Old March 1st 04, 06:41 PM
Jay Honeck

Default I am NOT superstitious

....And just to prove it, I will announce the following to the aviation
world:

Yesterday, for the first time since I bought Atlas in 2002, EVERYTHING in
the panel worked as designed all at the same time!

Both radios (one new), both VORs (one new), both GPS's (one new), the
transponder (new), the DME, the audio panel (repaired), the intercom (new),
the engine analyzer (new), the fuel flow meter, the gas gauges, the oil
pressure and temperature gauge, the DG (new) , the AI (new), the altimeter,
the autopilot, the CD player (new), every single toggle switch, both
rheostats (just replaced one Friday), and EVERY GOD-DANGED LIGHT BULB in the
panel now works.

Ha! I dare the Aviation Gods to strike me dead where I stand!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 1st 04, 06:49 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Jay Honeck" said:
...And just to prove it, I will announce the following to the aviation
world:

It's been nice knowing you. Obviously with all that stuff working, you're
going to be so busy admiring your panel that you're going to CFIT.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I once successfully declined a departmental retreat, saying that on
Old March 1st 04, 07:14 PM
Jay Honeck

It's been nice knowing you. Obviously with all that stuff working, you're
going to be so busy admiring your panel that you're going to CFIT.

Nonsense! I've now replaced absolutely everything that could or should EVER
break! There's absolutely nothing left to go wrong!

What could possibly go xz;lja[97uf90ause9-r qw9-tu8gnerfiohndv/k n ?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 1st 04, 10:48 PM
Ray Andraka

Famous last words. I said that last summer after my overhaul, and then spent
the fall chasing a carb problem (which Penn Yann only covered for what they felt
was a reasonable troubleshooting time, about 60% of what it cost me). Now BOTH
vacuum gyros are getting hinky, and the strikefinder is finding my transponder
several hundred times a minute. *SIGH* it's only money.

Jay Honeck wrote:

It's been nice knowing you. Obviously with all that stuff working, you're
going to be so busy admiring your panel that you're going to CFIT.

Nonsense! I've now replaced absolutely everything that could or should EVER
break! There's absolutely nothing left to go wrong!

What could possibly go xz;lja[97uf90ause9-r qw9-tu8gnerfiohndv/k n ?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old March 1st 04, 11:35 PM
Jay Honeck

Famous last words. I said that last summer after my overhaul, and then
spent
the fall chasing a carb problem (which Penn Yann only covered for what

they felt
was a reasonable troubleshooting time, about 60% of what it cost me).

What you describe is one major reason why I decided to have our O-540
rebuilt locally.

Any problems -- and there have been none in the year since it was done,
knock on nickel cadmium -- could be corrected immediately by the shop.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 2nd 04, 01:47 AM
Bob Fry

(Paul Tomblin) writes:

It's been nice knowing you. Obviously with all that stuff working, you're
going to be so busy admiring your panel that you're going to CFIT.

There is no T to CFI in Iowa.
Old March 2nd 04, 03:22 AM
Jack Allison

ROTFL...that's right, the sectionals are only a couple shades of green. Not
nearly as colorful as the ones us left coasters have to use. Maybe Jay
needs to worry about CFIFS or "Controlled Flight Into Flat Stuff".

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old March 2nd 04, 02:37 PM
Bob Chilcoat

Well, maybe in an airplane Iowa seems flat, but having ridden RAGBRAI (Jay
will know what this means), I have it on first hand authority that Iowa is
NOT flat from a bicycle, particularly on a tandem. My wife and the three
(then) kids would heartily agree.

Old March 2nd 04, 03:51 PM
Jay Honeck

Well, maybe in an airplane Iowa seems flat, but having ridden RAGBRAI (Jay
will know what this means), I have it on first hand authority that Iowa is
NOT flat from a bicycle, particularly on a tandem. My wife and the three
(then) kids would heartily agree.

People are always surprised by how hilly Iowa is. They're even more
surprised to find we live on a hill, and the airport is in a valley.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 8th 04, 08:47 PM
Russell Kent

Jack Allison wrote:

ROTFL...that's right, the sectionals are only a couple shades of green. Not
nearly as colorful as the ones us left coasters have to use. Maybe Jay
needs to worry about CFIFS or "Controlled Flight Into Flat Stuff".

Uh, I think he calls those landings...

Russell Kent