VIP TFRs and protesters with weapons

Old August 18th 09, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default VIP TFRs and protesters with weapons

Your ultralight and Cessna 152 aren't typically allowed within 10 nm of the
president's aircraft, for presumably security reasons, but this is allowed:

"Man carrying assault weapon attends Obama protest"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090817/...rotesters_guns

(I wish the AOPA, EAA, and the rest of the alphabet soup of private
aviation organizations had the political clout the NRA had. My guess is it
comes down to being free with the donations and having a single narrow
focus. The aviation groups have no political focus.)

VIP TFRs never made a lot of security sense (to me, anyway.)
Old August 18th 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ęslop

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
Your ultralight and Cessna 152 aren't typically allowed within 10 nm of
the
president's aircraft, for presumably security reasons, but this is
allowed:

"Man carrying assault weapon attends Obama protest"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090817/...rotesters_guns

(I wish the AOPA, EAA, and the rest of the alphabet soup of private
aviation organizations had the political clout the NRA had. My guess is it
comes down to being free with the donations and having a single narrow
focus. The aviation groups have no political focus.)

VIP TFRs never made a lot of security sense (to me, anyway.)

I imagine it quite difficult to specify certain sized aircraft in a TFR. How
would ATC know what size the aircraft is
if there is no requirement for all aircraft to contact ATC? If all aircraft
have to contact ATC, then all aircraft are subject to
the TFR. Is ATC supposed to sort out all the aircraft by size and police
them through the TFR area?

How many assasinations or attempts to assasinate were carried out by
individuals at a
protest openly carrying weapons? I believe the answer to hover around 0.
They were gun rights activists.
The people most in danger were probably the people carrying the guns.

Old August 18th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

In article ,
"Ęslop" wrote:

How many assasinations or attempts to assasinate were carried out by
individuals at a
protest openly carrying weapons? I believe the answer to hover around 0.

And what is the number of attempts that were carried out by airplane?

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old August 18th 09, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_8_]

"Mike Ash" wrote in message
In article ,
"Fslop" wrote:

How many assasinations or attempts to assasinate were carried out by
individuals at a
protest openly carrying weapons? I believe the answer to hover around 0.

Well, Archduke Ferdinand, which kicked off World War I, in 1914.

Then there was George Wallace in 1968, and that mob guy back in the 70's.

Then the attempt on Jerry Ford.

So that's four.

But none of these weren't protests.

And none were carryig openly.

And open carry is allowed in most states, including the ones were thest
incidents occured.

And what is the number of attempts that were carried out by airplane?

Four attempts - 3000 dead.

Old August 18th 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

In article ,
"Matt Barrow" wrote:

"Mike Ash" wrote in message

And what is the number of attempts that were carried out by airplane?

Four attempts - 3000 dead.

Those were not assassination attempts.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old August 19th 09, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_8_]

"Mike Ash" wrote in message
In article ,
"Matt Barrow" wrote:

"Mike Ash" wrote in message

And what is the number of attempts that were carried out by airplane?

Four attempts - 3000 dead.

Those were not assassination attempts.

And the two incidents were not anywhere that Obeyme was near. :~)

Old August 19th 09, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_8_]

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Mike Ash" wrote in message
In article ,
"Matt Barrow" wrote:

"Mike Ash" wrote in message

And what is the number of attempts that were carried out by airplane?

Four attempts - 3000 dead.

Those were not assassination attempts.

And the two incidents were not anywhere that Obeyme was near. :~)

Oh, and they weren't protesters, either.

Old August 19th 09, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Hix

In article ,
"Matt Barrow" wrote:

"Mike Ash" wrote in message
In article ,
"Fslop" wrote:

How many assasinations or attempts to assasinate were carried out by
individuals at a
protest openly carrying weapons? I believe the answer to hover around 0.

Well, Archduke Ferdinand, which kicked off World War I, in 1914.

Then there was George Wallace in 1968, and that mob guy back in the 70's.

Then the attempt on Jerry Ford.

So that's four.

But none of these weren't protests.

And none were carryig openly.

And open carry is allowed in most states, including the ones were thest
incidents occured.

And what is the number of attempts that were carried out by airplane?

Four attempts - 3000 dead.

Five, but the Cessna 150 missed. Took out a hedge and a magnolia tree.
Only the pilot died. (1994).
Old August 20th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ęslop

"Mike Ash" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ęslop" wrote:

And what is the number of attempts that were carried out by airplane?

Non sequitir. This does not refute anything I said nor respond to any
question asked.

But it has been established that people will fly aircraft in a suicidal
fashion to kill other people.

Old August 20th 09, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ęslop

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Mike Ash" wrote in message
In article ,
"Fslop" wrote:

Well, Archduke Ferdinand, which kicked off World War I, in 1914.

Then there was George Wallace in 1968, and that mob guy back in the 70's.

Then the attempt on Jerry Ford.

So that's four.

But none of these weren't protests.

I think you mean "none of these WERE protests"

And none were carryig openly.

So, basically what I said. These protesters were a non-threat.