Ramp checked at AVP today

Old April 18th 04, 03:14 AM
Roger Halstead

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:34:43 GMT, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

Roger Halstead wrote:

...although it used to be larboard and starboard.

I mean "I heard" that's what *they* used to call it. I heard it, I
.... sigh Once said, words that can never be called back.

You're old enough to remember when they called it *that*? Wow!!!

And you thought dirt was old.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".

Old April 18th 04, 08:52 PM
H. Adam Stevens

thank you
thank you
thank you
been needing that mnemonic for DECADES!

"shywon" wrote in message
port, left, and red...have less letters then starboard, right, and green

Teacherjh wrote:

Port wine is red.

It's not how I remember it, but it might help some.

Jose

Old April 19th 04, 04:55 AM
David Brooks

Ummm - isn't that how I started this subthread? With the longer/shorter
observation?

About port wine - those of us who dined at the correct establishments also
knew that you pass the (red) *port* wine to the gentleman at your *left*
(there were of course no ladies present at the time). The madeira (also red
:-( ) goes to your right. There we go again: madeira is the longer word.

-- David Brooks

Old April 20th 04, 05:12 PM
ZikZak

On 4/16/04 1:57 PM, in article
, "John Galban"
wrote:

Cruising alitudes - Easterners are odd (I live in the west :-)).

I like to use: "People from California are odd"

Old April 22nd 04, 11:59 PM
Newps

"ZikZak" wrote in message
On 4/16/04 1:57 PM, in article
, "John Galban"
wrote:

Cruising alitudes - Easterners are odd (I live in the west :-)).

NEODDSWEVEN. Pronounce it like a word. All the E's are long E's.

Old January 14th 05, 01:56 AM

this guy is a net troll, he's using at least (6) other usernames,
killfile him ASAP, below is his posting history

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...5xS36mXc24h6ww

see the link above, he is using
at least (10) other usernames on Usenet, they include

MARCO R
ROBERT J. KOLKER
ROBERT MORIEN
NEWPS
ASK A DIFFERENT
ROBERT KOLKER
EARL KIOSTERUD
therefore, he has no credibility- merely another net troll