Now the g*damned birds need transponders in the ADIZ

Old April 29th 05, 07:59 AM
Chris

"Peter R." wrote in message
Matt Barrow wrote:

Yeah, but what have the Roman's ever done for us?

you would be surprised - they invented concrete for a start.

Old April 29th 05, 12:16 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Chris" wrote in message

you would be surprised - they invented concrete for a start.

Fred Flintstone invented concrete.

Old April 29th 05, 08:45 PM
Montblack

("Steven P. McNicoll" wrote)
you would be surprised - they invented concrete for a start.

Fred Flintstone invented concrete.

Nope. Sheetrock.

"Theres a town I know where the hipsters go they call it Bedrock
Twitch! Twitch!
And when you get an itch to do the Twitch in Bedrock
it's a twitchin' town so I'll see you down in Bedrock
Twitch! Twitch!"

You were hoping for the Rock 3, by Rockmaninoff?

Montblack
Old April 29th 05, 08:56 PM
Ron Natalie

Dave S wrote:

Ron Natalie wrote:

Dave S wrote:

Avweb's Don Brown talked in one of his columns (Maiden And Me... I
believe it was) about how the ATC computers every once in a while
just sprout ghosts and clones.. wouldn't it be interesting if this
was actually the case?

Not ATC's computers involved here.

Where do you think the Secret Service is getting its data feed from,
with regards to "identified aircraft" and wether its a squawking a code
or not? I don't know for a fact, but my money is on a data link from
Washington/baltimore Approach (or whatever they call themselves)

Not exclusively...they have radar that can see down closer to the ground
(when it's flying) than ATC radar. I was told it was stuff they were
using for drug interdiction previously.
Old April 29th 05, 09:11 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Montblack" wrote in message

Nope. Sheetrock.

Oh, no, it was Fred alright. It's just that old man Slate named it for his
daughter Concretia so Fred's contribution was virtually lost to history.

Or was it lost to prehistory?

Old April 29th 05, 10:49 PM
Ron Natalie

Montblack wrote:
("Steven P. McNicoll" wrote)

you would be surprised - they invented concrete for a start.

Fred Flintstone invented concrete.

Nope. Sheetrock.

"Theres a town I know where the hipsters go they call it Bedrock
Twitch! Twitch!
And when you get an itch to do the Twitch in Bedrock
it's a twitchin' town so I'll see you down in Bedrock
Twitch! Twitch!"

We're gonna twitch around the clock tonight in Bedrock. Twitch Twitch
and Rock is gonna Roll with all his might in Bedrock.
It's a swinging town, come on I'll see you down in Bedrock.