Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

Old October 31st 19, 12:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]

Default Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

Savageduck wrote in

On 2019-10-30 01:36:15 +0000, Mitchell Holman
said:

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , Mitchell
Holman says...

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , not my
real pseudonym says...

On 28 Oct 2019 19:45:48 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

In article , not my
real pseudonym says...

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 23:05:26 -0500, Flatlander
wrote:

Be safe!

Second that!

We electrified!...who knows how long it'll last...my sister had
to evacuate her home...third time and 4 or 5 years she's been
directly affected by wildfires...losing her house in one of
them.

Had a helicopter flying over the neighborhood twice
today...prolly looking at transformers to check for
damage...just a guess.

Bell 407 registered to Redding Air Service Inc. out of (no
kidding) Redding CA. Looks like they do a little of everything
helicopters can do.

Scary reports coming from down there, and appears it's not close
to all over. Thinking good thoughts for y'all.

PG&E is turning off electricity again later...for my PG&E zone,
it's projected to happen at 11PM...at least I'll be in bed.

On another forum one guy was gloating about
how the state was pushing electric cars and
now their recharging stations are idled. I had
to point out that without electricity gas station
pumps don't work either.

Thankfully we can charge our cars via our rooftop
solar panels, but I didn't mention that........

We have recharging stations all over town and I never see them being
used. How much does it cost?...or is it free?

When I am travelling I use the
supercharger locations, costs about
$6 for a 300 mile range. My charging
at home is free.

You get FREE domestic power?

Even if you have a domestic solar system you would have related
capital costs.

Roof solar panels aren't cheap but they
pay for themselves in the long run. Our summer
utility bills went from $400 down to $65 per
month. And since we don't use gas stations
any more there is a saving there as well.

Old October 31st 19, 02:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

In article , Mitchell Holman
says...

On 2019-10-30 01:36:15 +0000, Mitchell Holman
said:

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , Mitchell
Holman says...

Miloch wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

It's a capital cost that also increases the value of the property...conceivably
you'd get it back with the sale of the house.

My neighbor's an electrical engineer who had Solar City install panels years ago
and he loves them. I live like a hermit and during the winter, my bills average
$30/month.

*

Old October 31st 19, 06:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]

Miloch wrote in
:

On 2019-10-30 01:36:15 +0000, Mitchell Holman
said:

Miloch wrote in
:

In article ,
Mitchell Holman says...

Miloch wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

We get lots of power cuts here - at the
most random times, usually because some new
neighborhood needs the power more - but our
battery backup keeps the house running until
the power is restored. The A/C is out, but
it runs the lights, fridge, microwave and
computers. And coffee maker. Quite essential,
that.

Old October 31st 19, 07:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

In article , Mitchell Holman
says...

Miloch wrote in
:

On 2019-10-30 01:36:15 +0000, Mitchell Holman
said:

Miloch wrote in
:

In article ,
Mitchell Holman says...

Miloch wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

For coffee, I just used the gas stove, boiled water and made it the old
fashioned way. My sister wants an A/C generator and I saw this company
advertising locally wwww.installgenerac.com...sent her the link.

Normally when the power goes out here, I just connect the AC battery to my phone
system and then listen to the radio...most of the disruptions are Internet
outage or TV (Comcast)...I'll have household power but since I'm so
computer/Internet centric an Internet outage really hurts.

*

Ping Miloch Miloch Aviation Photos 0 September 7th 18 04:13 AM
PING Miloch: OT Camera Savageduck[_3_] Aviation Photos 0 August 18th 18 03:48 PM
Monday evening t'storm arrives at OSH Dan Luke Piloting 21 August 1st 06 03:00 PM