Flight Following and OOPS

Old May 3rd 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Default Flight Following and OOPS

Mike 'Flyin'8' wrote:

Nope you didn't bust class C. The controller terminated radar
service, but you're still on his frequency were you?

Yes, I am quite sure I was still on freq. but I do not recall him
telling me Freq change approved either.

Radar service terminated means just that.

You should, however stay on his frequency until you're cleared of class C, or to
receive prior permission to change frequency if you're still in class
C.

Good point. I will certainly file this in my memory banks. Thanks for
your time on this.

Not necessary.
Old May 4th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

No problems... you knew you were about to leave ClassC
The controller knew you were about to leave ClassC
He had no more traffic for you, He said... "see ya"

You were "outbound" and no longer a problem. Both contracts were fulfilled.

No NASA ARS required.

BT

"Mike 'Flyin'8'" wrote in message
I am not sure what I should do with this, so I am fishing for
opinions, thoughts etc.

I took off from an airport and immediatly requested and received VFR
flight following through some Class C which lies between my current
position and my destination. I climbed to 5500 +/- 100ft and was
vectored through the Class C. When I was near the edge of the Class C
( I estimate I was 2-3 miles from the edge of exiting the Class C) I
was asked if I can resume own navigation, and report destination
airport in sight, I reported airport in sight and the controller told
me "resume own navigation, squak VFR, Radar services terminated"

I flew along for a short time and noted I was below the 5500 ft
ceiling of the class C (by around 100ft) and immediatly climed to
5600ft for the remaining couple miles.

So... Obviously I was in the Class C, and though I was still on
approach frequency, I do not think that I was still in radio contact,
right?

Is a NASA ARS form appropriate? Was I wrong and did I bust the C?
Mike Flyin' 8

oops! Dan Luke Piloting 8 January 30th 07 08:16 PM
Go no-go decision went bad. Oops. Montblack Owning 13 April 3rd 06 08:43 PM
Oops Glenn Weinstein Home Built 0 August 27th 04 04:52 AM
Yeager Oops Bob McKellar Military Aviation 23 October 7th 03 07:24 AM
Another IFR "oops" Dan Luke Instrument Flight Rules 15 July 21st 03 09:02 PM