Ain't War Great?

Old August 19th 04, 03:08 PM
ArtKramr

Default Ain't War Great?

Ain't War Great?

http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer/Onegoesdown.htm

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old August 19th 04, 03:25 PM
ANDREW ROBERT BREEN

In article ,
ArtKramr wrote:

Ain't War Great?

http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer/Onegoesdown.htm

dear god.. Not nice. I think it'll be a while before the
memory of that picture goes away.

Makes me gladder than ever that my father's generation (and
Art's generation) did a good enough job that I never had
to find out whether /I'd/ have done anything like as well,
and hopefully the new generation won't have to find out
either.

My hat's off to you and your comrades, Art.

--
Andy Breen ~ Interplanetary Scintillation Research Group
http://users.aber.ac.uk/azb/
Old August 19th 04, 03:53 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: Ain't War Great?
From: (ANDREW ROBERT BREEN)
Date: 8/19/2004 7:25 AM Pacific Standard Time
In article ,
ArtKramr wrote:

Ain't War Great?

http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer/Onegoesdown.htm

dear god.. Not nice. I think it'll be a while before the
memory of that picture goes away.

Makes me gladder than ever that my father's generation (and
Art's generation) did a good enough job that I never had
to find out whether /I'd/ have done anything like as well,
and hopefully the new generation won't have to find out
either.

My hat's off to you and your comrades, Art.

These images that come to us in the night we will take to our graves.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old August 19th 04, 06:58 PM
Robert Briggs

ArtKramr wrote:

Ain't War Great?

Modulo one of the names of the 1914-18 do, no!

http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer/Onegoesdown.htm

The fact that the aeroplane in that picture was even built gives
the lie to any notion that war is great.

It does not, of course, negate the effort, bravery, and sacrifice
of the crews of that aeroplane and many others to regard WWII as
a "necessary evil", rather than anything "great".

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."
Old August 19th 04, 09:33 PM
Billy Preston

This guys got better b-26 pictures:

http://pages.zdnet.com/vancell/b26tailgunner/index.html

Old August 20th 04, 02:29 AM
WaltBJ

Robert Briggs wrote in message ...
ArtKramr wrote:

Ain't War Great?

Modulo one of the names of the 1914-18 do, no!

http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer/Onegoesdown.htm

The fact that the aeroplane in that picture was even built gives
the lie to any notion that war is great.

It does not, of course, negate the effort, bravery, and sacrifice
of the crews of that aeroplane and many others to regard WWII as
a "necessary evil", rather than anything "great".

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Seems as how some people are unable to recognize irony. Life must be
difficult for them. Irony is one of the armors against the terrible
occurences during life. "If you can't take a joke, don't re-enlist . .
.."
Walt BJ
Walt BJ
Old August 20th 04, 02:47 AM
ArtKramr

From: (WaltBJ)
Date: 8/19/04 6:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time
Robert Briggs wrote in message
.. .
ArtKramr wrote:

Ain't War Great?

Modulo one of the names of the 1914-18 do, no!

http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer/Onegoesdown.htm

The fact that the aeroplane in that picture was even built gives
the lie to any notion that war is great.

It does not, of course, negate the effort, bravery, and sacrifice
of the crews of that aeroplane and many others to regard WWII as
a "necessary evil", rather than anything "great".

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Seems as how some people are unable to recognize irony. Life must be
difficult for them. Irony is one of the armors against the terrible
occurences during life. "If you can't take a joke, don't re-enlist . .
."
Walt BJ
Walt BJ

Yup. (sigh)

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old August 20th 04, 07:12 PM
Robert Briggs

WaltBJ wrote:
Robert Briggs wrote:
ArtKramr wrote:

Ain't War Great?

Modulo one of the names of the 1914-18 do, no!

Seems as how some people are unable to recognize irony.

Maybe my caffeine fix was overdue.
Old August 21st 04, 12:49 PM
John Mullen

"Billy Preston" wrote in message
This guys got better b-26 pictures:

http://pages.zdnet.com/vancell/b26tailgunner/index.html

I don't agree. Too fiddly design and awful background music as well put me
off.

John

Old August 21st 04, 01:04 PM
ArtKramr

From: "John Mullen"
Date: 8/21/2004 4:49 AM Pacific Standard Time
"Billy Preston" wrote in message
This guys got better b-26 pictures:

http://pages.zdnet.com/vancell/b26tailgunner/index.html

I don't agree. Too fiddly design and awful background music as well put me
off.

John

I agree. Too much junk getting in the way of the interesting stuff.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer