PZL EZS-3 Turn and slip

Old April 11th 11, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
UncleMart

Default PZL EZS-3 Turn and slip

Has anyone got the connection details please ?...
There is a 3 pin connector on the rear - It is also labled 4v 40ma
any help appreciated
Old April 12th 11, 09:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
StaPo

On 11 dub, 22:15, UncleMart wrote:
Has anyone got the connection details please ?...
There is a 3 pin connector on the rear - It is also labled 4v *40ma
any help appreciated

I have the same unit,
internally modified by previous glider owner to 12V by serial resistor
(unit was formerly designed to be powered by 4.5V standard "flat" 3
cell zinc-carbon battery).
Works fine now. I do not remember pin assignment, my small mating
connector
was already equipped with red and blue wires, then installation was
easy.
But if I remember well, the rear sheetmetal cover (with connector) is
easily dismountable,
then remove it and look for color wire coding and pin assignment
there :-).
Old April 12th 11, 10:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Clarke[_2_]

At 08:40 12 April 2011, StaPo wrote:
On 11 dub, 22:15, UncleMart wrote:
Has anyone got the connection details please ?...
There is a 3 pin connector on the rear - It is also labled 4v =A040ma
any help appreciated

I have the same unit,
internally modified by previous glider owner to 12V by serial resistor
(unit was formerly designed to be powered by 4.5V standard "flat" 3
cell zinc-carbon battery).
Works fine now. I do not remember pin assignment, my small mating
connector
was already equipped with red and blue wires, then installation was
easy.
But if I remember well, the rear sheetmetal cover (with connector) is
easily dismountable,
then remove it and look for color wire coding and pin assignment
there :-).

Or simply get 3x1.5v carbon batteries wired up and apply the wires to
pairs of the pins in turn to see which ones work. Difficult to see how you
could damage it by doing this.

But do make sure the polarity is correct. Our glider got returned from
maintenance some years ago with the polarity reversed. Discovered that in
the middle of a cloud after climbing a thousand feet or so, amazing how a
pilot's brain works...

Old April 12th 11, 10:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

StaPo wrote:
On 11 dub, 22:15, wrote:

Has anyone got the connection details please ?...
There is a 3 pin connector on the rear - It is also labled 4v 40ma
any help appreciated

(unit was formerly designed to be powered by 4.5V standard "flat" 3
cell zinc-carbon battery).

These turn indicators were "emergency" instruments, designed to run off
an independant 4.5V battery. On the other hand, they were not designed
to run for a long time, though.

One connector is positive, one is negative and one is empty. I don't
know which is what, but considering the simple design with a low voltage
DC motor, you most probably won't break anything by just trying.
Old April 12th 11, 10:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Michael Clarke wrote:
But do make sure the polarity is correct. Our glider got returned from
maintenance some years ago with the polarity reversed. Discovered that in
the middle of a cloud after climbing a thousand feet or so, amazing how a
pilot's brain works...

Same here, three years ago. But my brain told me to check the
instruments before entering the cloud.
Old April 12th 11, 12:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

On Apr 12, 5:48 am, John Smith wrote:
Michael Clarke wrote:
But do make sure the polarity is correct. Our glider got returned from
maintenance some years ago with the polarity reversed. Discovered that in
the middle of a cloud after climbing a thousand feet or so, amazing how a
pilot's brain works...

Same here, three years ago. But my brain told me to check the
instruments before entering the cloud.

My brain tells me to stay out of clouds...

-John
Old April 12th 11, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

jcarlyle wrote:
My brain tells me to stay out of clouds...

Then you should never fly in a commercial airliner.

Your brain seems to not be aware that there are places in the world
where cloud flying with gliders is pretty common.
Old April 12th 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

On Apr 12, 10:44 am, John Smith wrote:
jcarlyle wrote:
My brain tells me to stay out of clouds...

Your brain seems to not be aware that there are places in the world
where cloud flying with gliders is pretty common.

My brain is aware that in some places cloud flying with gliders is
common, and that in other places running with bulls in city streets or
flying next to a cliff face while wearing a winged suit is common. My
brain tells me to avoid all of those activities.

-John

SLIP/SKID INDICATORS [email protected] Soaring 0 December 26th 07 11:13 PM
Side slip Jim Naval Aviation 4 December 6th 06 08:18 PM
64 M20C Turn/Slip replacement BellSouth.net News Owning 3 September 1st 04 03:07 PM
Wing walk anti-slip Jerry Jesion Owning 2 May 1st 04 03:39 AM
A Waikerie slip up? Vassilios Mazis Soaring 4 July 28th 03 11:34 PM