Weather humour

Old May 18th 11, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jsbrake[_2_]

Default Weather humour

So, my local radio station told two weather-person jokes yesterday
that I thought I'd pass on to give you all a groan...

1)
Q: Where do the weather forecasters go for a drink after work?
A: The iso-bar

2)
Two meterologists crashed in an airplane and each broke an arm and a
leg... their friend called the hospital to find out if they can do
four casts.

Don't blame me... I'm just passing them on!
- John
Old May 18th 11, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

jsbrake wrote:
Q: Where do the weather forecasters go for a drink after work?

Looking at the forecasts, it sometimes seems to me that they rather
drink before work.
Old May 19th 11, 12:26 AM
Solo Solo is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrake[_2_] View Post
So, my local radio station told two weather-person jokes yesterday
that I thought I'd pass on to give you all a groan...

1)
Q: Where do the weather forecasters go for a drink after work?
A: The iso-bar

2)
Two meterologists crashed in an airplane and each broke an arm and a
leg... their friend called the hospital to find out if they can do
four casts.

Don't blame me... I'm just passing them on!
- John

It is still better than the weather we have in Quebec, these days...
Old May 19th 11, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

On 5/18/2011 5:26 PM, Solo wrote:
'jsbrake[_2_ Wrote:
;771719']So, my local radio station told two weather-person jokes
yesterday
that I thought I'd pass on to give you all a groan...

1)
Q: Where do the weather forecasters go for a drink after work?
A: The iso-bar

2)
Two meterologists crashed in an airplane and each broke an arm and a
leg... their friend called the hospital to find out if they can do
four casts.

Don't blame me... I'm just passing them on!
- John

It is still better than the weather we have in Quebec, these days...

For anyone who feels even the slightest compulsion towards weather geekdom
(which I figure a measurable percentage of RAS-er's might!), the weather
pattern centered nicely over the continental US
(http://www.nws.noaa.gov/sat_loop.php?image=ir&hours=24) is not only highly
unusual (in my geekly experience which I blame on the repetitious satellite
loops from the late [lamented?] "AM Weather" formerly of MD Public TV of the
1980s), but pretty darned - ahem!- *cool* in that: 1) it's stable
jet-positionally-speaking, which leads to 2) both stationary (and - the
eastern one - expanding over the past few days) jet-induced lows which
presently are driving essentially all the local weather over the US and
southern Canada.

You guys in the NE US been noticing the direction your thunderstorms have been
traveling recently? Only once before can I recall a - longer amplitude -
stable pattern driving weather systems/bands of T-storms all the way from West
Virginia to the Front Range of Colorado. So while much of the continent's
soaring weather is presently dismal, we can enjoy it for its relative rarity's
sake...probably at least until Saturday!

Bob W.

Old May 19th 11, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fred[_5_]

Speaking of weather humor, one of the participants at the Hilton Cup 2
years ago shared the following expression, said to be current in
Germany: "you don't _have_ to be a weatherman to lie."
Old May 19th 11, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold[_2_]

On 5/18/2011 8:51 PM, Fred wrote:
Speaking of weather humor, one of the participants at the Hilton Cup 2
years ago shared the following expression, said to be current in
Germany: "you don't _have_ to be a weatherman to lie."

That is a bit unfair to weather forecasters -- they may be wrong much of
the time, but they aren't telling intentional untruths.

Old May 19th 11, 12:03 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

I recall enjoying watching a rather buxom young blond WEATHER READER on a small market TV station years ago. She said, "the winds tomorrow will be CALM at about 20 to 25 mph. Nice to know that the 20 mph winds will be calm. She didn't have a clue most of the time but she was nice to look at. Yes, I am a male, chauvinist pig.

Walt
Old May 19th 11, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

Here in Oregon, if you can see Mt. Hood, it's gunna rain. If you
can't see Mt. Hood, it's already raining...

Boggs

Old May 19th 11, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

here in SW NY State summer is typically 2 weeks of bad skiing.....

or as we prefer to call it..... Winter and the 4th of July

BTW: do you know the difference between Partly Sunny and Partly Cloudy ?

answer below (right fro the weatherman's handbook

it can always be partly cloudy.......but it can only be partly sunny during
daylight hours
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

signature database 6134 (20110519) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6135 (20110519) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old May 19th 11, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website atwww.wingsandwheels.com

On 5/18/2011 8:51 PM, Fred wrote:
Speaking of weather humor, one of the participants at the Hilton Cup 2
years ago shared the following expression, said to be current in
Germany: Â*"you don't _have_ to be a weatherman to lie."

That is a bit unfair to weather forecasters -- they may be wrong much of
the time, but they aren't telling intentional untruths.

signature database 6134 (20110519) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6135 (20110519) __________

http://www.eset.com- Hide quoted text -

I received this, and now understand why the moss is growing
everywhe

INSTALLING SPRING...

███████████████░■‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘â–‘ 44% Complete.

Installation delayed....please wait.

Installation failed. Please try again.

404 error: Season not found.

Season "Spring" cannot be located. The season you are looking for
might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily
unavailable.

Please try again.

A little humour Conscious Pilate Aviation Photos 14 January 24th 07 09:17 PM
OT - Humour - oldie Ghost Home Built 0 March 8th 05 03:24 AM
OT - humour.. Ghost Home Built 0 August 23rd 04 07:07 PM
And they say the Germans are without humour! Lars Peder Hansen Soaring 2 December 15th 03 10:46 PM
military humour Ed Majden Military Aviation 3 October 25th 03 12:30 PM