$4.04 per gallon at Hilton Head

Old July 25th 05, 10:29 PM
Guy Byars

Default $4.04 per gallon at Hilton Head

Just tanked up at Hilton Head SC. They charged me $3.85 per gallon of
100LL, and then added on a 5% "fuel tax". Works out to $4.04 per gallon.
Ouch, a new high.

Now that I am back home, I am going to top off with mogas... $2.10 seems
cheap now.

Old July 25th 05, 10:43 PM
Jim Burns

Actually, (this is hard to say) $4.04 is cheap for a resort airport....
Several non-resort airports here in WI are over $4.00, but some places 100LL
is cheaper than mogas because Wisconsin's avgas tax is low and the mogas tax
is high. KBNA was over $4 in March and I paid over $4 at KAZO in May.

Jim

Old July 26th 05, 12:15 AM
Frode Berg

$4 per gallon?

Wow.

Actually, this isn't too bad is it? What is the normal price for Avgas in
the US these days?

Frode
(Europe)

"Jim Burns" skrev i melding

Old July 26th 05, 04:05 AM
Marty Shapiro

"Frode Berg" wrote in
:

$4 per gallon?

Wow.

Actually, this isn't too bad is it? What is the normal price for Avgas
in the US these days?

Frode
(Europe)

I don't think there is a "normal" price for Avgas in the US. It
varies all over the place. A good source for prices is
http://www.airnav.com

Go to the Aviation Fuel section and select local fuel prices. In the
San Francisco Bay area today, reported prices for full serve 100LL were
(ignoring price reports more than 2 weeks old):

PAO - 3.80
HWD - 3.73 and 3.90
C83 - 3.15
SQL - 3.68
SFO - 5.15
OAK - 4.11
E16 - 3.30
CCR - 3.53

To give you an idea of the difference which can exist between nearby
airports serving the same city: LAS and VGT are 8.1 NM apart. Full
serve 100LL at LAS is 4.75 while at VGT it is 3.37.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old July 26th 05, 02:23 PM

Guy Byars wrote:
: Just tanked up at Hilton Head SC. They charged me $3.85 per gallon of
: 100LL, and then added on a 5% "fuel tax". Works out to $4.04 per gallon.
: Ouch, a new high.

: Now that I am back home, I am going to top off with mogas... $2.10 seems
: cheap now.

I hear you. On our recent flight to Alaska, we were paying $1.35CAD/LITER in
Canada for 100LL. Works out to about $4.25US/gal. Mogas there was $0.98CAD/liter,
though, too.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *

Old July 26th 05, 06:45 PM
ORVAL FAIRAIRN

In article 1122389682.15cc58d343a62d508f045493801d579a@teran ews,
Davy Jones Locker wrote:

In article ,
"Frode Berg" wrote:

$4 per gallon?

Wow.

It's 4.50 at Palm Springs, CA.

It's $2.99 at 7FL6, Spruce Creek (Yelvington Aviation).
Old July 27th 05, 04:45 AM
Robert M. Gary

I just paid $4.45 at Albuquerque. I believe Santa Barbera is pushing
$5/gal( they've always liked to round off their prices... )

-Robert

Old July 27th 05, 08:40 AM

Just to let you know -

itīs usd 7.39 at near Vienna/Austria/Europe

Harald
LOAV

oups.com...

Old July 27th 05, 10:24 AM

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:40:22 +0200, TH wrote:

Just to let you know -

itīs usd 7.39 at near Vienna/Austria/Europe

Harald
LOAV

"Robert M. Gary" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
roups.com...
I just paid $4.45 at Albuquerque. I believe Santa Barbera is pushing
$5/gal( they've always liked to round off their prices... )

-Robert

Just over 1GBP/Litre in UK (Scotland) ~= 4GBP/USG =~=$7/USG depending
on exchange rate.

Then there's high landing and parking charges, but don't let's go
there :-(