$340 Million Powerball

Old October 19th 05, 08:53 PM
Jose

Default $340 Million Powerball

Or is this more to the tune of "87.5% of all statistics are made up on
the spot"?

Yes, and the other 43.9% of them were made up long ago and therefore not
subject to question.

Jose
Old October 19th 05, 09:01 PM
Jay Honeck

From my perspective, the lottery is just a "stupid tax" that I am
not required to pay. However, many others do...

That's my perspective, too.

Yet, today, for some reason, Mary and I blew a $5 bill on FIVE (count 'em --
FIVE!) Powerball tickets!

That's five more than we've ever bought before! (We actually had to ask
the clerk how to play the lottery. The people in line were incredulous...)

I feel so, so, I don't know....*stupid*...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 19th 05, 09:19 PM
Jim Burns

Now I feel depressed and lonely. I thought that you and I were the only
hold-outs left. Now I don't know what to do. Maybe I can borrow a dollar
from a stranger to buy a ticket, then I can still say I've never spent any
of my own money on the lottery. *sigh*

Just think.... for the price of a lottery ticket you could:

FLY!!! at $100 per hour for just over 36 seconds!!
or
DRINK!!! 1 tap beer (unknown size) or more during Happy Hour!!
or
BUY a condom and if you're lucky use it at no additional charge! (STD's
free, treatments and divorces extra)

Anybody got $4 they can loan me?

Jim

Old October 19th 05, 09:20 PM
Jay Honeck

Anybody got $4 they can loan me?

Tell you what. Go buy 4 tickets.

If I win, I'll reimburse you...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 19th 05, 09:23 PM
Jay Honeck

Anybody got $4 they can loan me?

Tell you what. Go buy 4 tickets.

If I win, I'll reimburse you...

Deal! Got a credit card number for me?

It's in the mail. In the same envelope along with the check...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 19th 05, 09:25 PM
Jim Burns

Old October 19th 05, 09:33 PM
Chris

"Montblack" wrote in message
It's airplane-buying time again. It's been almost 3 years!!

http://www.powerball.com/
$340 million dollar prize. Drawing on Wednesday evening.

You guys pay tax on the lottery! What a rip off!

I noticed on the website the guy who won $93m but only got $36m, talk about
being stiffed.

Our lottery pays out tax free and in a lump sum. None of this pay you over
20 years crap. You win $93m you get $93m.

Old October 19th 05, 09:34 PM
N93332

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Dang! By the time I get it, Paul will be flying his new Turbine Ercoupe,
Powerball One.
Jim

And Powerball One would be a Sport Plane???

If Paul wins, he can buy several Ercoupes and have his own fleet!

;-)

-Greg B.