... and the R/C B-52 went down.

Old September 13th 04, 09:38 PM
news

In message , Scott Ferrin
writes
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:45:11 GMT,
(John S. Shinal) wrote:

"John A. Weeks III" wrote:
Yeah, but it was glorious while it was flying.

No doubt. Best I've ever seen, but I haven't seen it all. I
can't imagine how you top that one. Maybe a matching KC-10.

Any idea what happened ?

His return leg on the orbit was pretty hot, and the RC forum
was discussing the wind speed. No aileron on the low wing, with a very
steep bank, and not enough authority from the high wing's spoiler. It
was digging into a steeply banked downwindturn, and it looks like it
stalled and tucked the nose lower. Not enough height to pull it out.

About twenty years ago (honest) there was a 747/Shuttle combo being
flown. Had about a twelve foot wingspan. I'm waiting for someone to
do an XB-70 powered by six turbines.

There is a group here that has a 1:10 scale Globemaster III

some pictures

http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/ipmspea...0Big%20Bird.ht
Right, you lot start coding, I'll go and see what they want.
"nullus anxietus sanguinae!"

Andrew
Old September 14th 04, 03:27 AM
Marc Reeve

Kevin Brooks wrote:

"Marc Reeve" wrote in message

John S. Shinal wrote:

"Kevin Brooks" wrote:

http://www.renderwurx.com/rc/h37/gfx...ogs02/b29a.jpg

(noting background in photo)

It's always nice when an R/C flying field can accomodate those
12" scale Phantom models...

I was wondering if the X-1 behind the fella standing there was a

functional R/C

model as well.

Well, it does fly--there are also photos of the X-1 model in flight after
being dropped by the B-29. As to whether or not it is controllable, or just
flies a set spiral back down, I don't know. I think if you snip off the last
part of that address I agve, it will take you to a page with various
thumbnails including one of the two models in flight.

Brooks

Wow. Nice pics. I really like this one:
http://www.renderwurx.com/rc/h37/gfx...ogs02/twin.jpg

Is that a Grumman Tigercat?