Combat Ready Bush?

Old September 13th 04, 12:23 AM
BUFDRVR

Robey Price wrote:

gwb signed a statement of intent in 1968,
saying he planned to make flying in the TX ANG a life long commitment.

You're kidding right? What AF Form was this AF FORM LLC? I can't figure out why
guys make stuff up in newsgroups like this, as if your not going to be called
on your BS.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old September 13th 04, 12:28 AM
BUFDRVR

sharpest101 wrote:

Drug tests for aviators were implemented in April 1972. His
next exam was for October of 1972

Drug test aren't scheduled for reasons that any rational person could see.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old September 13th 04, 05:00 AM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, Ian
MacLure confessed the following:

GWB's interest or lack thereof is kind of irrelevant in this
context because the requirements of the serivce had changed
radically between 1968 and 1972, So, even if he wanted to do nothing
else with his life but fly fighters its questionable whether
there would have been room for him. Reducing the pilot cadre
by half means a lot of folks get benched including as has been
pointed out nearly fully trained carrier pilots by the hundreds.

Not true, I've "rushed" ANG units and I've been in an ANG unit. They
spend the money (charged to their accounts) to send somebody thru UPT
and RTU, they'll keep you if you say...damn straight I want to fly
XXX.

Robey
Old September 13th 04, 08:09 PM
lego

Actually the answer today and for the past 15 years (in my case) has
been no. I've never been drug tested at a flight physical. I've been
randomly drug tested several (probably 20+) times in my career but
again never at a physical.

So what you are saying is that as someone who has been taking military
flight physicals for the last 15 years there has never to your certain
knowledge been any requirement to provide a specimen for a drug
urinalysis nor, during the course of your physicals have you ever been
asked to provide one?
If so, that pretty well shuts down any "mandatory pee in a bottle
during your routine physical" claims.
Not, mind you that I expect the Dhimmicreep shills to take notice of
this evidence.

IBM

Was talking to some Kalifornia Republican folks at a street fair
today. Latest polls have Bush within 3 points of Trotskerry in
Kalifornia. If true, this is not good for Trotskerry.
Means it won't even be close.

Correct. There is no mandatory drug test at flight physicals... at
least for the last 15 years. Before that - I have no idea. Again
doesn't prove or dispove anything 30 years ago... just lets people
know what the facts are today in the AF.

Lego
Viper Driver

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old September 13th 04, 10:29 PM
BUFDRVR

Robey Price wrote:

Check here for a document titled "Statement of Intent"

Yep, so what? I fail to see where he said (and you claimed he said) that
military flying was going to be a "life long commitment". He specifically
"intended" to finish his ADSC (which he did) and make *flying* a life long
comittment. So your beef with Lt. Bush was that he failed to get a civilian
rating or pursue the airlines? He certainly didn't do anything in that letter
that some how comitted him to do anything than serve his ADSC.

Page 7 of 25 cupcake...made it up did I?

Yes. You claimed he was obligated to life long membership in the Air National
Guard because of this document, that has been shown to be false.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old September 14th 04, 12:19 AM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police,
(BUFDRVR) confessed the following:

Robey Price wrote:

Check here for a document titled "Statement of Intent"

Yep, so what?

So what? Who sarcastically asked,"What AF Form was this AF FORM LLC? I
can't figure out why guys make stuff up in newsgroups like this...?"

Answer...it wasn't made up.

I fail to see where he said (and you claimed he said) that
military flying was going to be a "life long commitment".

"gwb signed a statement of intent in 1968,
saying he planned to make flying in the TX ANG a life long commitment.
There is no evidence that he even attempted to fulfill that "promise."
He never said he lost interest, but his action sure did."

He specifically "intended" to finish his ADSC (which he did) and make *flying* a life long
comittment.

...."by serving as a memeber of the Air National Guard as long as
possible."

You left that part out.

So your beef with Lt. Bush was that he failed to get a civilian
rating or pursue the airlines? He certainly didn't do anything in that letter
that some how comitted him to do anything than serve his ADSC.

No my beef is a congressman's son, with a 1966 Disorderly Conduct
arrest for drunkenness (later dropped), scored the freakin' bare
minimum 25 on the pilot part of the AFOQT, got picked for a great gig
as a fighter pilot and flew only 22 months after becoming MR, then
lost interest. Simple. I'm ignoring the allegations that he was
snorting coke at the time and didn't even take his physical in August
resulting in his grounding.

The pedant will point out, traditional reservist do NOT have ADSC,
they have a MSO (military service obligation) see page 16 of 33 here
http://www.usatoday.com/news/bushdoc...ent_Packet.pdf

Yes. You claimed he was obligated to life long membership in the Air National
Guard because of this document, that has been shown to be false.

**** can't you read BD? My grief is that gwb lost interest after 22
months. He signed the letter that ends "by serving as a memeber of the
Air National Guard as long as possible."

Bottom Line: you challenged the veracity of my claim he signed some
bull**** letter...he did. You BD were left ****ing flat footed, now
arguing the semantics of things I didn't claim. You started off
arguing there was no letter...when confronted with the facts you now
argue what he meant by signing the letter.

Pitiful!
Old September 14th 04, 01:04 AM
Leslie Swartz

Not during a mandated drawdown they won't.

Robey, why are you persisting in this?

This is the wrong newsgroup to be playing fast and loose with stuff most of
us understand first hand.

Please, enlighten us all on how the ANG fills unfunded positions flying
fighter jets . . .

Steve Swartz

Old September 14th 04, 03:00 AM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, "Leslie
Swartz" confessed the following:

Not during a mandated drawdown they won't.

Nobody is claiming that...well except you now.

You have information on the manning document of the 111th FIS during
its conversion from Dueces to Voodoos? I have not seen what you're
addressing. Where can we find these documents? Who said their staffing
was "a mandated drawdown?" We'll agree that the Rated Sup was
commencing for the active duty guys, and controlled OERs were the
rage, but the 111th FIS was in the midst of converting to an RTU sqdn.
I suspect their manning document showed an increase in manpower.

Robey, why are you persisting in this?

Because I am skeptical of gwb [period]. I'm sincerely surprised that
the guy gets a "free pass" from aviators of his generation.

This is the wrong newsgroup to be playing fast and loose with stuff most of
us understand first hand.

What fast and loose? The guy got the benefit of dad's congressional
gig to get into a fighter cockpit with an alchohol related bust in
1966, and the freakin' bare minimum AFOQT score...then he stopped
flying after 22 months as a full up qualified F-102 pilot. Those are
facts.

Please, enlighten us all on how the ANG fills unfunded positions flying
fighter jets . . .

Quoi? Where was this RIF in the TX ANG you're suggesting (unfunded
positions)? There is no paperwork indicating the 111th FIS was losing
manpower (pilot slots)...they were converting. They spent the money to
train gwb (UPT and RTU) and the return on their investment was 22
months as an MR (or "Qualified" for the pedant) F-102 pilot. Four
years out of his 6 year OMS.

I honestly have no idea where this notion of "unfunded positions" is
coming from. As a unit converts a guy goes from being slotted from his
"old" F-102 slot to his "new" F-101 slot or perhaps in the case of the
TX ANG at the time T-33 or C-54 positions they had. Those
qualifications (T-33 or C-54) are noted on the aeronautical orders
published in the gwb related stuff I've referenced. The unit could
waive the minimum hours to convert or have him fly as a target pilot
until his time is up. He made no effort...he had no interest.

Regarding ANG hiring for positions...I got hired for a specific billet
in Sep 1990 only to have the NGB (National Guard Bureau) cut that
position a week before the UTA weekend. The unit turned around and
hired me for another specific position...without that I would not have
been picked up by the ANG. In that same unit, a 1Lt was FEB'd, lost
his flying slot and put into a support position rather than being cut
loose (it was a ****ing match of sorts, the unit got their service
obligation out of the Lt).

I suppose an argument can be made that gwb's superiors in the 111th
FIS were aware that he was not interested or that his personal life
made him less than welcome (but there is no documentation of that).
Why jettison the son of the congressman of your district? Hey because
you can.

Now if you're trying to say the 111th FIS was NOT interested in
keeping gwb...hey I might buy that. I actually like that. They got
"influenced" to take gwb; his pilot AFOQT was the minimum; UPT
performance was average; he wasn't anything special; folks noticed his
"give a ****" attitude; and the conversion to the F-101 was a
convenient way to wipe their hands of him. Sorry congressman, the
rules are the rules (this time) ours hands are tied, we can't keep
Junior. Plausible, logical...and deniable.

Hey...I do like that.

Robey

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
George W. Bush Abortion Scandal that should have been Psalm 110 Military Aviation 0 August 12th 04 09:40 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM