Your opinions, please!

Old December 15th 03, 03:07 AM
Peter R.

WAKE UP!!! wrote:

I'm not kidding about the E-Trade account. Check your credit report
in a month, it will be there. I used your real ssn and birthday.

Your SSN and your wife's SSN added together is 792288289

Scary ****...

Good lesson.

--
Peter

Old December 15th 03, 03:15 AM
Peter R.

Jay Honeck wrote:

You know, I hear this ALL THE TIME -- yet, I've never met a single person
who has actually suffered from "identity theft".

snip

About five years ago a perp opened up a cell phone account in my name
but in another time zone. Rang up $3,500 worth of charges before the
account was closed for non-payment.

I caught it by checking my credit report, which showed this as a
collection agency item. However, after I disputed the problem with the
credit reporting bureau, the collection agency got my current address
and went after me directly via harassing phone calls and certified
letters.

When I invoked the "Fair Credit Act" legalize on them, they simply sold
the debt to another sleaze bag outfit who started the process all over
again.

It took me four years and legal action on my part to put this item to
rest.

.... and I consider my experience very fortunate when I read those of
other identity theft victims.

--
Peter

Old December 15th 03, 06:48 AM
Dashi

"R. Hubbell" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 13:29:29 -0800 "Dashi" wrote:

"R. Hubbell" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 04:16:47 GMT "Jay Honeck"

wrote:

While you're at it, see if you can figure out why I wind up at the

top
of
the
list if I use the back button to return from viewing a photo. It

also
completely
reloads the page when I do this, so it takes a long time to looks

around.

Weird. I can't duplicate this behavior. Can anyone else?

You probably have your browser cache set to a size that's smaller than

the
total
bytes that the page contains.

I can't believe I'm troubleshooting someone's browser problems in
rec.aviation.* We really need to get back to talking aviation. :\

R. Hubbell

Why not, look at your/my reply, more wasteful than Jay's reply and he is
trying to help someone.

Whatchew talkin' 'bout Willis?

I agree with you 100% dude! ;-

Dashi

Old December 15th 03, 05:25 PM
Russell Kent

Dashi wrote:

Do you know anyone that has been murdered?

Jay Honeck replied:

Nope. And if I did, how would this be relevant?

I think that Dashi is trying to make a point by analogy. Your not knowing any
murder victims doesn't counter that fact that murders do occur. By parallel,
your not knowing (at the time; see Ben Sego's post) any identity theft victims
doesn't counter the fact that identity theft does occur. It's a weak argument
to an implied statement on your part (I don't know any identity theft victims,
therefore I doubt that identity theft occurs).

Russell Kent