Things To See In FS9

Old August 18th 03, 05:12 PM
Randy L.

Default Things To See In FS9

I thought this would be a good place to start to find interesting scenic
objects in FS9. Scroll half-way down the page and you will find a table of
scenic objects and the lat.& long. coordinates. I know this table is for
FS2000, but so far all of the places that I have checked have also been
accurate for FS9, and I think this is a good place to start. I have also
found hot air balloons near Deer Valley, Ariz. and stone faces on Easter
Island. It's almost like a scavenger hunt! I hope others post interesting
scenic objects that they have found.

Randy L.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/fligh...s_scenicFS.asp

--
Remove "nospam" from
my return email address

Old August 18th 03, 08:23 PM
fred

How about visiting Taj Mahal at N27* 10.66'E78* 3.07' From Agra, India. VIAG
RW5. Hdg 080.
See http://home.hccnet.nl/f.braaksma/doc...tajmahal1.html

fred

Old August 19th 03, 10:02 AM
A.A. Fussy

Quite interesting is Brisbane and Sydney terminal buildings-both look like
what is currently there-even the closed Sydney Express terminal is there-and
both are quite update to date. Good, relaistic scenery there with Intel
Extreme Graphics (82845G)

Old August 22nd 03, 03:33 PM
Bill Irvine

Rapanui:
http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~ito-nori/e11.htm
Easter Island is one of the most isolated places on Earth. The island is
over 3,000Km far from nearest lands, Tahiti and Chile. Just four B767
flights a week between Santiago and Tahiti stop over here, the two are east
bound and the others are west bound. When the airplane arrives, the small
terminal building is crowded with the people who had come to meet or to see
off passengers.

fs9: SCIP Mataveria, 11000' runway Isla de Pascua; S27*09 W109*26

bill

p.s. gee, why didn't you look in fs9?

--
Bill Irvine
http://members.shaw.ca/ssvb/aug03/fs9grandcanyon.JPG

"Neil E. Baird" wrote in message
Could you give lat long for easter island and name/callsign of nearest
airstrip as I could not find it. Also if there isnt an airstrip on the
island itself could you help me with the course to the island from nearest
airstrip? Thanks.

Old August 22nd 03, 09:33 PM
Neil E. Baird

"Bill Irvine" wrote in message
. ca...
Rapanui:
http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~ito-nori/e11.htm
Easter Island is one of the most isolated places on Earth. The island is
over 3,000Km far from nearest lands, Tahiti and Chile. Just four B767
flights a week between Santiago and Tahiti stop over here, the two are

east
bound and the others are west bound. When the airplane arrives, the small
terminal building is crowded with the people who had come to meet or to

see
off passengers.

fs9: SCIP Mataveria, 11000' runway Isla de Pascua; S27*09 W109*26

Is that Easter island itself? I found that but wasnt sure if it was the
right island as there was nothing to see there.

Old August 22nd 03, 11:51 PM

"B-Ware" wrote in message ...
Re my previous post....
... if you find the Rock of Gibraltar, let me know!

Peter

http://www.gibnet.com/images/slim.htm

--
Ali_Gi
Old August 23rd 03, 04:32 AM
Boudewijn van Ingen

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:33:56 GMT, "Neil E. Baird"
wrote:

"Bill Irvine" wrote in message
.ca...
Rapanui:
http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~ito-nori/e11.htm
Easter Island is one of the most isolated places on Earth. The island is
over 3,000Km far from nearest lands, Tahiti and Chile. Just four B767
flights a week between Santiago and Tahiti stop over here, the two are

east
bound and the others are west bound. When the airplane arrives, the small
terminal building is crowded with the people who had come to meet or to

see
off passengers.

fs9: SCIP Mataveria, 11000' runway Isla de Pascua; S27*09 W109*26

Is that Easter island itself? I found that but wasnt sure if it was the
right island as there was nothing to see there.

Yes it is. I made the same mistake in FS2002 you're probably making
now: You'll have to turn on as much detail as possible on the grafix,
and look very close to see the statues. There are many of them, but
they are pretty small from the air.

Best would be to land your 'heavy' there, then take a helicopter for a
tour around the island, up close, slow and low.

--
Groeten,
Boudewijn.
Old August 23rd 03, 06:40 AM
Neil E. Baird

I don't know whats going on. I must have covered every inch of that island
and still cant find those statues. I cranked up all the settings as high as
they go. Maybe they are where all those missing brides are.(LOL). I also
didnt know Easter Island had another name.

Old August 23rd 03, 11:34 AM
Kevin Reilly

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 Neil E. Baird wrote:

I don't know whats going on. I must have covered every inch of that island
and still cant find those statues. I cranked up all the settings as high as
they go.

That may be part of the problem. With all settings full I couldn't have
found those heads if they'd been jumping up and down and waving at me.
They blend in too well with the terrain textures and especially the
autogen trees.

Try turning autogen off, leave other scenery settings on high, then drop
terrain specs (mesh detail, texture size etc.) to minimum. Now fly
SLOWLY around the coast. Once you spot a head you can crank the details
back up.

Alternatively, go to the coordinates in the screen shot:

http://www.denali.org.uk/fs2004/easter.jpg

--
Kev
"I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country."

Old August 23rd 03, 03:54 PM
fred

I found even a fallen statue. Face looking right ito the sky. First thought
it was a strange shaped rock.
The MS people gave us nice suprises.

fred