Rules for 1000k with start/finish at midpoint.

Old August 6th 04, 09:03 AM
Andrew Warbrick

Default Rules for 1000k with start/finish at midpoint.

Being perverse, I should say that the FIA only do motor
racing.

You want http://www.fai.org/sporting_code/sc3_2003.pdf
Rule 1.4.3d (i) and 1.4.3d (ii) apply for 1000k records,
see also the definition of CLOSED COURSE 1.1.15.

Such a course is okay for distance records, 3.1.41
implies that it's also good for speed records.

However, if you are after a 1000k diploma rather than
a record, any 1000k course with 1,2 or 3 pre declared
turnpoints, at least 10km apart, rounded in any order,
would do (1.4.5b).

At 20:36 05 August 2004, Tim Taylor wrote:
Can someone point me to the rules for setting up a
1000k FIA legal
triangle with the start at or near the midpoint of
a leg. I know I
have seen it, but can't find it.

Thanks,

Tim

Old August 9th 04, 10:33 PM
Tim Taylor

Andrew,

Thanks, that was the section I was looking for. I am looking at doing
the 1000k diploma, but also want to insure it was Hilton Cup legal as
well.

And yes my fingers are dyslectic at times when typing ;-).

Tim

Old August 10th 04, 05:04 AM
R Barry

Are there any altitude restrictions at start or on course and at landing?