updates for phoenix class b airspace

Old December 12th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default updates for phoenix class b airspace

I've heard back from Naviter and they no longer have access to a
database for airspace in the United States. While they can update the
sectional charts they can not update airspace changes like those made
to the phoenix class b. Does any one know of another source for this
data?

Thanks
Mike Martin

Old December 12th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 12, 6:54 am, wrote:
I've heard back from Naviter and they no longer have access to a
database for airspace in the United States. While they can update the
sectional charts they can not update airspace changes like those made
to the phoenix class b. Does any one know of another source for this
data?

Thanks
Mike Martin

I constructed a SUA file which depicts the new Sky Harbor airspace and
submitted it to Worldwide Turnpoint Exchange. Look here on the bottom
of the page under Arizona. It is available in either Tim Newport-Pease
or OpenAir format. Note that is only an outline of the airspace not
the detailed style available previously but it can serve to show you
the area on a moving map. And of course you shouldn't use it for
naviagation but refer to the lastest sectional.
Old December 12th 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 12, 7:21 am, wrote:
On Dec 12, 6:54 am, wrote:

I've heard back from Naviter and they no longer have access to a
database for airspace in the United States. While they can update the
sectional charts they can not update airspace changes like those made
to the phoenix class b. Does any one know of another source for this
data?

Thanks
Mike Martin

I constructed a SUA file which depicts the new Sky Harbor airspace and
submitted it to Worldwide Turnpoint Exchange. Look here on the bottom
of the page under Arizona. It is available in either Tim Newport-Pease
or OpenAir format. Note that is only an outline of the airspace not
the detailed style available previously but it can serve to show you
the area on a moving map. And of course you shouldn't use it for
naviagation but refer to the lastest sectional.

Gary,
I see the file. I am illiterate in regards to working with these
files. What steps do I need to acomplish in order for this to appear
on See You Mobile. (My five-and-a-half year old daughter probably
knows more about this than I do.) Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike Martin

Old December 12th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 12, 10:07 am, wrote:
On Dec 12, 7:21 am, wrote:

On Dec 12, 6:54 am, wrote:

[...]

Mike Martin- Hide quoted text -

She also knows more than I do about See You. Hopefully someone using
it will explain if the files are compatable.
Old December 12th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Naviter's lack of access to a USA database is a consequence of the
FAA's decision to stop making their USFIF database publicly available.
To make matters worse, the subscription-only database that it now
publishes is in a completely different format.

Bad timing, that.

~ted/2NO
Old December 12th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc Ramsey

Tuno wrote:
Naviter's lack of access to a USA database is a consequence of the
FAA's decision to stop making their USFIF database publicly available.
To make matters worse, the subscription-only database that it now
publishes is in a completely different format.

Bad timing, that.

To be fair to the FAA, it has been offering the subscription-only
database in the current format for years. It is what is now called the
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency that makes the data available in
a different format for DOD use, and has recently eliminated public
access. The FAA committed years ago to making the airspace data freely
available on a web site, but never followed through...

Marc