Needing a Conditional Inspection (west coast)

Old March 27th 20, 04:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy Teel

Default Needing a Conditional Inspection (west coast)

I am looking for someone to do a Conditional Inspection on my DG1000M. I am located in Grants Pass, OR. I have contacted Williams Soaring and it is about a 5-7 week wait. I have called a couple other individuals and have not gotten any response. My most reliable option is to tow it out to Moriarty in 2 weeks. I am trying to find somebody with DG experience who might be closer and available.
Thank you for your responses. It is very much appreciated.

Randy Teel
918-289-3310
Old March 27th 20, 08:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Collin Shea

Yankee Composites in Warner Springs, CA is a good MX facility. Drive may be long but they may be able to get you in and out fairly quickly.

www.yankeecomposites.com
Old March 27th 20, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Randy
You shouldn't have to drive so far to find a A&P mechanic to inspect and sign off your ship.
Do you have the Aircraft Maintenance Manual?
Its simple really if you haven't damaged it since last inspection.
Check for AD's, pull out the seat pans and lube all bearings and check attachment points. Do a delamination tap test on the spars with a quarter.
Look at the the Wt and balance data. Just look at everything you can.
Shouldn't take 2 guys more than 2-4 hrs max.
I'd start calling your local FBO's and find a guy who's interested and willing to start taking care of your plane. Things are slow right now, everyone is looking for work.
Driving to Moriarty or Warner is So far
Granted you could fly at both locations, [ not sure if Warner is locked down, but I bet it is} but never the less thats alot of driving for just a condition inspection.
Nick
A&P

Old March 27th 20, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Nick, I believe you need an IA to sign if you have standard airworthiness.

That is a benefit of Experimental you can get signed off
by any A&P.

Perhaps I am wrong I was once before...
Old March 27th 20, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Joe
I think he is looking for a Conditional Inspection which is what is required with a Experimental Certificate.
An A&P can return that Certificate to service.
Your correct- you need a IA to return to service a Standard Certificated ship
Fly safe in 2020
Old March 27th 20, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Has Chris Klix retired? If not, as the former DG rep, he'd be your man.

Lou
Old March 27th 20, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

He was requesting someone with DG experience, so he may be aware of Chris. On FB he declares himself semi-retired. I don't know him, but I will PM Chris' contact info to Randy.
Old March 27th 20, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

Mr. Teal, here is Chris Klix' contact info. I don't know him and suspect you've already gone that route.

Name: Mr Christian H Klix
Address: 9605 11th Place SE,
Lake Stevens, WA 98258
Phone: 360-474-9394
Cell Phone: 206-406-9394
E-mail:
Old March 28th 20, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joesimmers[_2_]

Nick, so is it called a "condition inspection" for experimental, and
then called an "annual inspection" for standard?

Very Interesting I've never heard it that way before.

Old March 28th 20, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Friday, March 27, 2020 at 10:10:33 PM UTC-4, joesimmers wrote:
Nick, so is it called a "condition inspection" for experimental, and
then called an "annual inspection" for standard?

This is very useful information. There are more A&Ps to chose from.

How does one do the 'coin tap test' for delamination?