SSA Convention - Atlanta FEB 4-7

Old January 11th 04, 04:41 AM
Burt Compton

Default SSA Convention - Atlanta FEB 4-7

SSA members and soaring enthusiasts: I just received my vendor's package and
I'm pumped up! 20 sailplanes and 50 vendors! Atlanta will be awesome!

If you have never been to a SSA Convention, or are still pondering coming to
Atlanta - don't miss this one! Get your airline ticket this week and register
NOW at www.ssa.org or call SSA HQ in Hobbs at 1-505-392-1177. See / fax the
registration form in your January "Soaring" magazine (page 16) - register
before Jan 15 for the discount.

See beautiful contemporary and classic sailplanes on display in the
Cobb-Galleria Convention Hall. Sit in the cockpit of the big DG-1000 or the
cute APIS sailplane. Visit more than 50 vendor booths offering soaring
supplies, equipment, GPS loggers, instruments, parachutes, insurance,
destination soaring sites and more! Seminars all day - everyday - featuring the
experts in all soaring topics.

Mingle with legends of soaring including Dick Johnson, Charlie Spratt, Klaus
Ohlman, Carl Herold, Jim Payne, Roy McMaster, Dick Butler, Bernald Smith, Gene
Hammond, Tom Knauff, Doris Grove, the US Team pilots and many more. Talk with
the designers, company owners, instructors and commerical site operators. They
are there to meet YOU!

Trust me - this is the place to be - the center of the soaring universe -
Atlanta, Georgia FEB 4 - 7. Check airfares now before Jan 20 - get the two
week advance discount. Fares are CHEAP to the Atlanta hub, even from Europe.

Can't afford the Waverly-Renaissance Hotel rate? It's very nice and next door,
but look just five miles north to Marietta, GA and the cluster of franchise
motels at Cobb Parkway (Hwy 41) and Delk Road. Buddy up on a rental car and a
room. Go to Atlanta - it's a blast!

Attend the Soaring Safety Foundation (SSF) Seminar on Wednesday evening, FEB 4.
Learn things you NEED to know about safe soaring. The SSF will also have our
"Ask An Instructor" booth in the convention hall. Go ahead - ask us the "hard"
questions.

Thinking about becoming a CFIG? Join me in the Soaring Safety Foundation
"Flight Instructor Refresher Clinic" (FIRC) starting at 8:00 AM on Tuesday (FEB
3) and Wednesday (FEB 4). THE "Instructor's Instructor" Bob Wander will share
essential information in these all-day clinics. The FIRC is primarily for
CFIG's that need to "recertify" with FAA, but it's open to any glider pilot.
Space is limited. Registration required / fee for these all day training
clinics - call SSA now at 1-505-392-1177.

You want "Bang for your SSA Buck?" Come to Atlanta. Meet Dennis Wright, your
new, motivated SSA Executive Director. Meet the great staff from SSA HQ in
Hobbs. Meet Denise Layton and the contributing editors of "Soaring" magazine.
Meet YOUR new SSA Board of Directors. Meet the Trustees of the Soaring Safety
Foundation. Meet Peter Smith, the new Director of our wonderful National
Soaring Museum. Attend the SSA Convention in Atlanta FEB 4 - 7!

Get on the telephone to your favorite airline today - book your flight to
Atlanta. Register with SSA this week.

I wouldn't miss it for anything - even our wonderful winter soaring in Marfa,
Texas.

I'm lookin' forward to the southern hospitality, some fine BBQ and a good bowl
of grits. See you there!

Burt Compton
Soaring Safety Foundation Trustee, SSA Master CFIG
Marfa Gliders, west Texas