Top 20 XC Soaring Sites in the US

Old December 28th 16, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Top 20 XC Soaring Sites in the US

I can just see you with that foam rubber hand "We're Number 1".

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 11:53:41 AM UTC-8, Sean wrote:
OMG give me a break! Ionia, MI is #1 and every other site is second. ;-). My basis is number of racing tasks last year. Checkmate.

Fun article, but it's going to get torn to shreds now by the winter and it's grounded soaring pilots.

One last time: Ionia, MI is #1

Sean
7T

Old December 29th 16, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ionia is # 1?

Put the Bong down, Sean.

Concentrate on the WGC.
Old December 29th 16, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Come to IYK. A little easier to escape the home valley than Tehachapi and we also have the Indian Wells Brewery that's just up the hill from the airport.
Old December 29th 16, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]

Sean, every practice task by the local pilots are all racing tasks! However, I seem to be the only one who puts the task on the OLC post. A few years ago we had Grand Prix events over several weekends. Not everyone in soaring do MATS or TATS. Good luck at the WGC!
Old December 29th 16, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Frank for doing this analysis.

Everyone is pulling for their airport - my turn. Nephi came up #3. Pretty cool. What is really cool is to think that Nephi hit this mark with only flights from the 10 day long yearly flying events held there. We are working really hard on getting a permanent tow plane at Nephi. Wait till there is soaring all season long and some of the locals as well as Ely/Parowan regulars come play with us - we should hopefully post some really good numbers.

I'll keep everyone updated once we get the plane squared away so you can make plans to come out and fly with us.

Happy New Years Everyone!
Bruno -B4
Old December 30th 16, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

I would submit that the best soaring site in the US is the one that you, personally, can fly out of often

Lou
Old December 30th 16, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Right on Lou!
Old December 30th 16, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

Guys I am only kidding. Trust me. I would vote for Nephi, Uvalde, Minden, Seminole and SOSA...