Looking for a new canopy for KA-6

Old November 27th 17, 12:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Looking for a new canopy for KA-6

Where would one start looking for a new canopy for an old KA-6?
Old November 27th 17, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Not quite "new", but sure looks like a Ka-6 canopy to me.

http://www.segelflug.de/osclass/inde...=item&id=21190

Steve Leonard
Old November 27th 17, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Just checked the barn and found one that measures 25" long by 13" high, believe it's for a K-6CR? Uncounted, undrilled, but it has 50 year old protective covering.........I have had good success removing really old protective covering with boiling water.
JJ
Old November 27th 17, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 8:34:36 AM UTC-5, Steve Leonard wrote:
Not quite "new", but sure looks like a Ka-6 canopy to me.

http://www.segelflug.de/osclass/inde...=item&id=21190

Steve Leonard

Yep - that looks like an old Ka-6 canopy which has the high wooden frame and only lets your head stick out so that you can see at least a little bit. Our club's Ka-6CR had one of them and I remember helping during 'Winter-Arbeit' to build a frame for the new 'Schweizer Haube'. It was called that way since the blank came from Mecaplex in Switzerland.
Uli
'AS'
Old November 27th 17, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Thomson[_2_]

At 11:09 27 November 2017, wrote:
Where would one start looking for a new canopy for an old KA-6?

Plexiweiss, Germany

Looking for new or used canopy Troy Hartman Soaring 1 December 12th 16 01:44 AM
Canopy Ejection and Canopy Lanyard Casey[_2_] Soaring 6 April 12th 16 05:09 PM
HP-14 Canopy [email protected] Soaring 0 July 4th 11 05:00 PM
F-80 canopy 10132297 Aviation Marketplace 0 January 24th 10 10:41 PM
1-35 Canopy [email protected] Soaring 14 April 30th 08 06:18 PM